Author Topic: PUI Door Panel Fitment Question.....  (Read 2581 times)

Offline meltdown

PUI Door Panel Fitment Question.....
« on: November 11, 2016, 06:01:27 PM »
Hi again Gang,

Shocking as it may seem, the PUI door panels I am trying to install, do not fit properly on the top. The mounting clips on the top will not stay in due to the tension of the panel not laying flat against the door itself.
The finished product on the Fbodywarehouse video seems to show the same problem I am having:

My images below. Am I doing something wrong?? Or, is this the best it gets??

« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 06:14:15 PM by meltdown »
Remember....No matter where you go....There you are.

Offline Angelo

• Mods and Rods
Re: PUI Door Panel Fitment Question.....
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 06:21:37 PM »
I haven't purchased new door cars but my buddy did and I do not recall him having an issue. Is it simply being caused by the rubber gasket? Maybe the gasket can be cut down?
81' (78 clone), House of Kolor Jet Set Black, Pontiac 400 built by DCI Motorsports, FiTech EFI, Tremec 6 speed, 3.73 rear, YearOne 17" snowflake, Pro Touring F-body GT shocks/springs, hydroboost, factory 4 disc, Ram Air Resto + Thrust transverse exhaust.

Offline meltdown

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 04:45:02 PM »
Hi Angelo,

No, sadly it isnt the gasket. It seems the pre-cut openings on the back are off by about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch.

I had been dealing with PUI & they said the would send me a new panel after I sent them a bunch of images.
So far, they haven't!

A buddy & I worked for 2 days to trim & kinda fix the panel to fit. It isnt perfect, but it will do until I get things resolved with PUI in getting a new panel.
Its been over a month of emails & I was told a new panel would be sent, but that hasnt materialized as of yet.  ::)

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 07:55:36 PM »
Yup looks like panel is too long/high for the area it's meant to sit in and so kicks out at the weakest point where there is a vinyl only section between board and top mold.

Offline skip99

• mt, vernon, ohio
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 10:45:50 PM »
Ive had to l ngthen the cut outs for the  clips on a couple, or drill new hole in the door.

Offline meltdown

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 06:21:34 AM »
Hi Guys,

Well I FINALLY got the new panel from PUI & it fits fine.
The original panel was obviously a defect.
I am glad that PUI fixed the issue BUT it would have been nice to not have to wait nearly 7 weeks & send a bunch emails to have the problem solved!