Author Topic: $1/gallon increase today!  (Read 19190 times)

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
$1/gallon increase today!
« on: September 11, 2008, 09:16:29 PM »
Gas went up $1 this afternoon to $4.75, and is expected to go over  $5 tomorrow.  Ike is the newest excuse.  Oil closed under $101/barrel today- Exxon/Mobil had to something pretty quick.  Otherwise they might not make $14 Billion this quarter.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
Re: $1/gallon increase today!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 10:00:46 PM »
ya a person sure gets tired of there lame excuses .
Funny how a handful of greedy Billionairs can ruin  the Global economy .
They actually had a talk show the other day where you could ask questions from  the CEO of ESSO or something . You had to hear some of his answers to peoples questions,they were pathetic.
One answer was  quote : we have to keep prices high in case we see hard times . Hard times for who ?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:02:32 PM by RainMan »

Offline k_garretson23

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 10:03:18 PM »
AHHH!
kevin garretson..

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 11:00:50 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Mike...I had no idea.

I just went out and filled up both daily cars...stations here are complete chaos but price is still $3.69 (for now).

Have I mentioned I'd like 5 minutes alone with an oil company exec?  >:( ;D
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 11:54:14 PM »
Have I mentioned I'd like 5 minutes alone with an oil company exec?  >:( ;D

Ummm -- well...errr...we'd rather not hear about what you do behind closed doors... :o :o :D

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 12:01:36 AM »
Freak!  ::) :D :D

I'd just like to express out Nation's "appreciation" for helping to keep our wallets empty  >:( while lining their own.
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Sir english firebird

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member. proud to be
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 03:15:16 AM »
If its gone up for you guys it will do the same here!

Its only just dropped a bit and all ...............  >:(
Power is nothing without Control.

Steve, :-)
1979 Trans am.

( no point in adding what else i keep changing them ! )

Offline Mark C.

• Marks Specialty Coatings
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 06:11:02 AM »
My wife and son went out last night to get gas. She said it wwas like the 70's all over again. People waiting and cutting in lines. I sold gas back then. Man those were the days.... ???

I filled up this morning 5am. No lines and paid $3.58/gal for 87.

I also have about 20 gallons in the tank on my Bonne. I figuered I can always sifon out of there for my truck if it gets that bad. And if it gets really bad there are 15 gallons in the TA.  8)  ;D
Happiness IS: Drag Racing

Offline rad400

• Adv. Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 08:12:59 AM »
Gas here in DE. went up .25 cents in some areas where I got gas went up .03 cents. today
Conrad
79 Trans am 400 t400 3500 stall #12 heads holley 750 vac carb. Torker II intake 3:73:1 gears 12 bolt rear.

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 08:36:42 AM »
Gas went up $1 this afternoon to $4.75, and is expected to go over  $5 tomorrow.  Ike is the newest excuse.  Oil closed under $101/barrel today- Exxon/Mobil had to something pretty quick.  Otherwise they might not make $14 Billion this quarter.

You sure the gas station isn't trying to gouge you?  Prices are stable here, I mean, they went up a dime this morning to $3.43 from yesterday but no freaking DOLLAR!!  I agree with Jeff, just 15 minutes could help them understand the *pain* we are going through with high gas prices.
Rich

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 09:38:13 AM »
What? A gas company trying to gouge someone?  Are you daft, man?   All the small independent stations have been ran out of business/taken over by the oil companies around here.  It is the big story on tv- someone with a relative in the Houston area called and said that gas was $5 a gallon due to evacuees filling up their tanks (no oil company would take advantage of desperate people trying to escape with a few of their belongings now would they?).  Word spread around here and the run was on- lines were everywhere last nite when I got off work.  Southern Illinois/ west Ky and the upper part of Tennessee all get their gas from the huge holdingtanks right downfrom where I work so prices in this area skyrocketed.  This morning gas is stabilized (according to the news, I ain't left the property yet) but is still expected to go over $5 by tonite.  It is actually down some this morning, they said on the news, but going to spike later today.  Rain or not- looks like the bike gets ridden today. ;D

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 10:03:04 AM »
I cannot believe they raised prices like that, someone ought to sue them, that's just downright un-American, trying to save your family from a natural disaster and they raise the price of gas?!
Rich

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 02:34:38 PM »
It's merely "supply and demand".....just like "cigarettes don't cause cancer"...  Oil has just gone under $100 a barrel.

And all of you lets open up more area's for drilling fans....I heard on one of the political programs last night that they haven't even drilled on all the land that is already open.  That got me thinking that MAYBE the oil companies don't really want to add to the supply.  They like these prices.  Say it aint's so Joe!!!

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 03:26:47 PM »
That's a fact...the oil companies like to keep the majority of the public (the herd) believing that oil is in short supply in order to justify the price gouging roller coaster.

Instead of spending even a portion of their record profits on drilling/opening new refineries/creating alternative fuel sources,etc they sit back on their over-stuffed wallets and laugh...and raise prices based on what "might"/"maybe"/"could" happen (weather threats, holiday travel, terrorism, etc).

If any other type of company conducted business this way, they'd be in prison (receiving exactly what they are doing to us ;) )...luckily for them, the government has their sweaty hands in that over-stuffed wallet.

"Of the people, for the people"   ::)  :-\
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 03:48:35 PM »
It's merely "supply and demand".....just like "cigarettes don't cause cancer"...  Oil has just gone under $100 a barrel.

And all of you lets open up more area's for drilling fans....I heard on one of the political programs last night that they haven't even drilled on all the land that is already open.  That got me thinking that MAYBE the oil companies don't really want to add to the supply.  They like these prices.  Say it aint's so Joe!!!

Before I make this comment I'll say that I have not done any research on this so.... take it with a grain of salt.... one thought about the oil companies not drilling on land they have could be that there isn't a great probability of finding oil on those lands versus offshore.  It costs a lot of money to drill so it may be that they don't want to spend the money on areas that may not pay off.  And, if those lands were so great, then why are the democrats caving in on offshore drilling?  Could my theory be true?

Anyway, that's just a comment on the "lands that haven't yet drilled on" comments.
Rich