Author Topic: other seats in our TA's?  (Read 18361 times)

Offline Nexus

• Lifetime Member
Re: other seats in our TA's?
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2010, 12:22:24 AM »
I still want the 81 Recaro seats...I was so close last spring and just like that my Jeep took the coin I had for them to get fixed

I nolonger own the Jeep ;D
Charlie
1979 - Esprit (21 years and counting)

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2010, 10:06:53 PM »
I had the SCAT Pro car seats in my 81 camaro 4 spd car and they fit great no problem with the center console.

Once I get some money over the summer I will get these Scat Rally seats with Schroth 4 point Rally Harnesses. I'm tired of getting tossed around in my car and I like the feel of being restrained so you have more control and feel for the car. The original seats lack support laterally and just don't feel safe at all to me. These seats and harnesses seem to fall under my category of aftermarket upgrades where the styling and benefits they offer outweigh my desire to keep the car stock (which is really starting to wane by the way).

Here

http://www.soloracer.com/rallye4.html  The back ones bolt onto the rear seats' seat buckle bolt locations and they have a quick release from the shoulder harness to the straps that go to the bolts. Pretty cool if you ask me..

I want to get the Pro Car Rally Smoothback seats which are the same thing but the stitching doesn't go all the way up. Or maybe the Sportsman  http://www.procarbyscat.com/Products_Sportsman.asp

I've been thinking about putting a B and M megashifter in my car anyway and with the rebuilt 400, the Autometer gauges, I think it will all look and feel right.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:17:05 PM by Kevin »
1978 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Offline 79ban1

• Bandit X
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2010, 01:23:57 AM »
I bought a set of seats out of a Mazda MX6 they are very comfortable and hold your body very well 30.00 for the pair from a salvage yard and the drivers seat is power I'm just going to have them reupholstered. I can't see spending hundreds when a lot of imports and some domestics have very good bucket seats.

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2010, 12:43:38 PM »
I bought a set of seats out of a Mazda MX6 they are very comfortable and hold your body very well 30.00 for the pair from a salvage yard and the drivers seat is power I'm just going to have them reupholstered. I can't see spending hundreds when a lot of imports and some domestics have very good bucket seats.

Pics?
1978 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Offline 79ban1

• Bandit X
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2010, 08:38:15 PM »
Sorry here are the pics of the seats that I got out of the Mazda

Offline Sir english firebird

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member. proud to be
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2010, 03:07:34 AM »
Are you going to put the rears in too?
Power is nothing without Control.

Steve, :-)
1979 Trans am.

( no point in adding what else i keep changing them ! )

Offline Trevon

• That's not leaking oil, it's marking its territory
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2011, 07:00:17 PM »
is the adapter the same as the same year camaro? need know asap please?

USAF Crew Chief

Offline Gunner

• Adv. Member
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2011, 10:14:48 PM »
How about these.     They are Recaro's , but not the stock 81 Pacecar seats.  Thes are a higher level.   Sometimes just looking around you can find something good.

Love to have a set of those in my car. Unfortunately Recaro doesn't seem to make any cool seats anymore. I've looked. And the only color they make is grey or black.

Gunner
Better Living Through Superior Firepower