Author Topic: 78 sub frame parting out  (Read 2001 times)

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
78 sub frame parting out
« on: July 19, 2008, 05:53:14 PM »
parting out a 1978  transam sub frame  any part you want shipped  take a good look at the pics can send more pics if you dont see what you need  transam dave  hudson  florida  34667

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 09:01:15 AM by Hitman »

Offline Mwieczorek

Re: 78 sub frame parting out
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 12:17:33 AM »
I'm interested in the control arms - PM sent.

Matt
Doing what the factory didn't is the essence of hot-rodding.

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 05:45:09 PM »
let me check to see what they are wourth i dont know what this stuff weighs so i will not cut any thing good  just the cracked  sub frame  parts as this will be easier  transam dave  hudson  florida  34667

Offline Mwieczorek

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 07:08:43 PM »
You don't have to cut anything to remove the control arms, they are bolted to the subframe.  The uppers are bolted on through the cross shafts - remove the nuts and they slide off.  The lowers are bolted through the control arm bushings, unbolt them and pound them out of the pockets with a rubber mallet.

They're not worth much.  Kentuckyyetti just tossed a set into the scrap yard.  If I'd have caught him a day earlier they would have been mine.

Matt

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 07:58:44 PM »
but my time is very valuable im cutting the sub frame up not the good parts  transam dave  hudson  florida  34667

Offline Mwieczorek

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 11:32:50 AM »
Dave,

I don't get what you're trying to say.  You sent me this PM:

are these parts worth saveing or should i just scrap this sub frame that i posted in the ad on 78 t/a .com  thanks for your time transam dave hudson florida  34667

I responded that I was interested in the control arms.  Are you interested in selling them or not?  I don't want any part of the subframe, if its cracked then it probably should be scrapped.  The control arms are not difficult to remove, they're bolted to the subframe so there is no cutting involved.  A half hour with a couple of wrenches and you'll have them off.

Let me know when you get it figured out.

Matt

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 06:05:33 PM »
its not a problem just been real busy at work did not have rubber mallet bought one and some  p/b  BLASTER  just in case they get awnry when  i try to  un bolt these parts  yes i will sell them like i said how much are these wourth  dave
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 06:15:12 PM by tranam dave »

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 09:28:51 PM »
p/m has been sent  to  mwieczorek   parts are for sale  and prices new  post  dave