Author Topic: Finally painted  (Read 1227 times)

Offline specialk

Finally painted
« on: August 04, 2008, 06:03:05 PM »
Hey guys, it's Keith, it's been almost 2 months since my last post ( I was deployed for a little over a month ) Just wanted to show my progress so far. I went with the 78 Martinique blue for the color. I just need to put on the decals and fix a couple more things. One question I had though......My speedometer used to work intermittently and now it doesn't work at all, faulty cable? Also, my RPM guage works only occasionally. I'm not that good when it comes to the electrical problems, so I'm searching around for some help. Thanks, here is a link to some videos and pics of my overall progress.

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg186/specialk272000/?action=view&current=kkm266.flv

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Re: Finally painted
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 10:22:03 PM »
speedometer, id start by pulling the cluster out, as this way you can check both tach and speedo, to check the speedo just spin the part that the cable is supposed to spin, if your needle moves, then move onto the cable, i think a replacement is around 20 bucks......as for the tach, first check your circuits on the back for any broken ones, it seems to be common lately,  if everything is good there just follow the wire back to the distributor, if theres any breaks or places that its not making a connection, even on the distributor cap then just connect it back, or replace it.... but its looking really good
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....