Author Topic: 1977 Door Panels (Removal)  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Solar78

1977 Door Panels (Removal)
« on: September 04, 2006, 11:20:13 PM »
How do I get the door panels off my car?
I have a pull strap that seems to have two screws underthe two little metal pieces at the ends of the strap that come from the inside of the panel out into the screws???  The pull strap doesn't come off??

Easy question...but not for me!!! haha thanks!  :oops:
"Yeah, thanks. Took the restrictor plate off to give the Red Dragon a little more juice. But it's not exactly street legal, so keep it on the down low"

Offline sim

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 08:14:46 AM »
hello

you must push very strong. on the top there are three or four clips.

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 12:48:16 PM »
There should be three screws in each of theose pull strap ends.  One that faces inward that you can take off with a phillips screwdriver and two that are facining outward that you take off after the door panel is off.  I am guessing you already took the door cup and removed the 4 or 5 screws along the center of the door panel?  Then, the are about 8 or 9 clips along the back, bottom and front edge that pop out.  Then you lift straight up on the door panel to take it off.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Solar78

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 01:25:24 PM »
Thanks Brett...
Something is wacky on my car..
I had all the clips loose... but seems like the strap is holding in on from the back side... I can't find any screw around the metal pull strap to release the panel form the door....

Oh this is supposed to be the SIMPLE stuff!! hahaha :oops:

Just bought a dash pad to cover my cracks..until I can afford to drop $$ for a new dash and interior.
"Yeah, thanks. Took the restrictor plate off to give the Red Dragon a little more juice. But it's not exactly street legal, so keep it on the down low"