Author Topic: Vacuum lines  (Read 14791 times)

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Vacuum lines
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 10:28:37 PM »
My EGR valve is very simiar to yours.  I now have all my vacuum lines connected and the car runs great.  A lot more pep especially just after shifting into second gear.  

Wait till you have to replace your flywheel.....you're gonna be surprised at the almost $400 you'll have to pay for one.  You do have the Super T10 transmission, don't you?

There was no part number on the receipt for the sub tvs.  And, it was shipped loose, not in a box.  The only reference was "thermal vacuum switch, 2 port".

I got my DMV renewal notice this week.  I was surprised that I don't need to go to a "test only" smog check station this time.  The guy at the non test only station doesn't care about the vacuum hoses.  When I brought my car into the state, most of the smog equipment was unconnected and he passed me.  I'm gong to try to get it tested this week and get that over with for two years.

Offline Eagle 1

Vacuum lines
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 10:49:56 PM »
Mine is an automatic, so I shouldnt have worry to much about replacing the fly wheel.
The tvs I ordered only cost $8 so I am still leery about it being the right one, but at least they odered it and if it is the wrong one I dont have to pay.  If push comes to shove, maybe I can at least still get the OEM number from a dealership and cross reference that into a usuable part number.
Good luck on the test.
" He done good didnt he Fred?"
"I'm in pursuit of a black Trans Am. He's all mine so stay outta the way."

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Vacuum lines
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 02:53:03 PM »
You're probably OK on the vacuum switch.  The guy at the parts place who told me to call the number I gave you said they were expensive....but he couldn't get me the part.

Anyway, alls well that ends well....I just passed the California emission test.  I'm good for another two years.