Author Topic: '79 10th Anniversary T/A "freshening up" started!  (Read 177910 times)

Offline Nexus

• Lifetime Member
Re: '79 10th Anniversary T/A "freshening up" started!
« Reply #615 on: May 20, 2010, 08:57:29 PM »
I can't remember how many times I changed my mind. I've had my car 10 years and only settled on something this past fall

It will come to you!!
Charlie
1979 - Esprit (21 years and counting)

Offline N PRGRES

• Adv. Member
« Reply #616 on: May 20, 2010, 11:13:58 PM »
The force you will harness young Jedi.......lead you to a paint scheme it will
Dave
_______
1981 Trans Am - Refresh in progress

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #617 on: May 20, 2010, 11:52:10 PM »
do like I did, I got it down to 2 colors and when it was time I called the wife. and told here I got both colors in front of me , you choose and hang up.
77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED

Offline N PRGRES

• Adv. Member
« Reply #618 on: May 21, 2010, 05:47:25 AM »
do like I did, I got it down to 2 colors and when it was time I called the wife. and told here I got both colors in front of me , you choose and hang up.
I don't have a wife, can I borrow yours? =)  I keep asking my dog but he just looks at me with a dumb look on his face....which come to think of it, was just like when I asked my ex wife a question!
Dave
_______

Offline N PRGRES

• Adv. Member
« Reply #619 on: May 21, 2010, 07:26:36 AM »
  hey guys, sorry for the delay. took a short break from the car with the holiday and me getting sick. however, i'm back on it now! it's officially half of a car now with the frame out of the garage and being dropped off tomorrow. got the master and booster off, and started cleaning the firewall in preporation for paint.
  there is ton of this "gooey" crap all around where the evap case was, and it's taking me forever to scrape it off. i've noticed the firewall paint job the factory did (or lack there of). they seemed to have just sprayed the center, and didn't even take it down the trans tunnel. this has led me to question how exactly i plan on painting the firewall.

notice the silver on the right side of the firewall.

It's funny my TATA is painted exactly the same way!
Dave
_______

Offline SnapOnBilly

« Reply #620 on: May 21, 2010, 07:33:53 AM »
yea! it seemed like somone just stood in front the firewall with a spray gun and started spraying. the firewall color just went where it went apparently  ::) gotta love the 70's quality control- but WE are making them perfect!
 i shouldn't even put out this on here, but when i finish this one- i would actually consider doing another one and making it even more of a pro-touring car and NOT worrying about originality. i'd use all the stuff that requires cutting, like wheel wells, frame connectors, etc! we'll see how this one turns out first i suppose  :-X
-Billy

Offline bhooray

« Reply #621 on: May 21, 2010, 09:53:35 AM »
You know what, the great thing about TATA's is that there are tons of low-mileage examples out there.  So unless you want to try and make money on one I dont really think its necessary to keep them 100% original.

my .02

Offline N PRGRES

• Adv. Member
« Reply #622 on: May 21, 2010, 02:23:18 PM »
You know what, the great thing about TATA's is that there are tons of low-mileage examples out there.  So unless you want to try and make money on one I dont really think its necessary to keep them 100% original.

my .02

Yeah it's tough to compete against the low mileage 400/4 speeds.  They will be the most desireable and the 403 cars will come up in value eventually as the 400 cars get out of most people price ranges.

IF I were to keep mine a TATA, I am thinking maybe the same pant scheme but not so many pin stripes.  That might be kinda cool. 

Billy, sorry to high jack your thread!
Dave
_______

Offline SnapOnBilly

« Reply #623 on: May 21, 2010, 04:29:45 PM »
no problem  ;)
-Billy

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #624 on: May 21, 2010, 04:52:15 PM »
yea! it seemed like somone just stood in front the firewall with a spray gun and started spraying. the firewall color just went where it went apparently  ::) gotta love the 70's quality control- but WE are making them perfect!
 i shouldn't even put out this on here, but when i finish this one- i would actually consider doing another one and making it even more of a pro-touring car and NOT worrying about originality. i'd use all the stuff that requires cutting, like wheel wells, frame connectors, etc! we'll see how this one turns out first i suppose  :-X

x2   
as long as there out on the road . I dont care how they were built.   except the big wheels and 4x4's ( no big gotty mods)
77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED

Offline SnapOnBilly

« Reply #625 on: May 22, 2010, 08:10:19 AM »
 it's funny i was remembering a clean '79 my father had. it was a four speed car, and he sold it to a guy i used to work with, who then eventually sold it to another guy i also used to work with. i was thinking the other day- i wonder where that car is now since i still can get a hold of the two fellows. i might be able to get it cheap haha- it even had a warmed over 455 installed in it! that one definatley needs a frame off and a rotisserie.
 however, it was never wrecked and didn't have any rust that i'm aware of. very clean car- it was originally that blue color with blue interior, 400, 4 speed with gray aluminum 8" wheels. the engine that came out of my car is the OE engine that belongs to it!!! the engine i had built for my project the OE for mine. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm   :P
-Billy

Offline N PRGRES

• Adv. Member
« Reply #626 on: May 22, 2010, 08:24:01 AM »
You're obsessed lol.  After working on this one I think it will be awhile for a get into another one LOL
Dave
_______

Offline SnapOnBilly

« Reply #627 on: May 22, 2010, 05:03:13 PM »
obsessed? nah...... i just enjoy working on it. so far it's been a pleasure- hopefully it will stay that way  ;)
-Billy

Offline N PRGRES

• Adv. Member
« Reply #628 on: May 22, 2010, 05:11:28 PM »
Yeah I am guessing my 92 F-150 will be next after the TATA
Dave
_______

Offline SnapOnBilly

« Reply #629 on: May 23, 2010, 10:28:11 AM »
hmmm, yea. that sounds lime fun...
-Billy