Author Topic: The scam is on again !  (Read 4185 times)

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
The scam is on again !
« on: April 28, 2008, 08:50:46 PM »
New auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-trans-am_W0QQitemZ220229417933QQcmdZViewItem

Hi all ,to funny as I see the car I bought just went up on EBay again .
At least this time he is a little more truthful . But he is full of BS regarding the P/W ,as he installed them himself and that is why they are screwing up all the time.

Previous  auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2F220209387692_W0QQfromZR41QQfviZ1&item=220209387692

I still have had no word from Visa yet ,but I suspect they had a few word's with PayPal and he has returned the money?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 10:38:27 PM by RainMan »

Offline 79 S E W72

Re: The scam is on again !
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 10:01:43 PM »
  Nice ad. 4 pictures and a 3 sentence description.  I supose the less he says the better.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 10:25:54 PM »
^^ LOL

ya I think he learn't from the last time   :-X

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 10:34:19 PM »
Now, how come you didn't leave him a negative feedback from last time?
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 10:42:24 PM »
^^ Good point Brett.

This has been pending for so long,and I didn't have  a clue as to which way thing's were going to turn ,so I left thing's alone at that point .

Kinda suck's as you can't even warn bidder's personally any more . That was a mistake they made at EBay imo.

I should check my EBay and see if I can still leave a response ?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 10:49:41 PM by RainMan »

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 10:45:06 PM »
You should be calling Visa and Paypal and showing that add to them!! 
Rich

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 10:49:01 PM »
^^ yes I think I better get on  the horn alright .

I checked my EBay ,and the auction has been removed ,so I guess I can not leave any feedback .

One thing I have never figured out ,when I asked question's about an item in an auction, it never show's up in the question area?
You know what I mean ,you usually see the question ,then the person's response that has the item up for auction .   

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 11:32:24 AM »
Has he contacted you about picking the car up?  Has he given you any notice about selling it if you don't?  He can't just sell it without either returning your money, or the amount he gets from this auction if it is less than what you paid.  He does have the right and obligation to mitigate damages.  Those damages would consist of storing and insuring the car and all associated costs of him having to retain the car.  However, it could be that he had to return the money.  Then he would be free to do whatever he wanted.

You do know that you owe me a beer, don't you?  And, I keep track of these things.....if we ever meet I'll want my beer!!!  And a ride in the Trans Am you end up buying!!!! ;D

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 02:48:57 PM »
I talked to Visa this morning ,and the lady didn't say much regarding the new auction .But she said because it's a product not received,there should be no problem .

Listening to all the dismal  new's lately,maybe it would be a  good idea to Kybosh getting a T/A   altogether . At least  until I see if the World is going into a Global recession or not?
They are saying that food is going to go up to 4 times the cost because of oil prices affecting everything .

And I'll get you that Beer I owe you ,or better yet do you ever viist BC?

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 03:08:28 PM »
One thing I have never figured out ,when I asked question's about an item in an auction, it never show's up in the question area?
You know what I mean ,you usually see the question ,then the person's response that has the item up for auction .  

That's left to the seller's discretion. He/she can choose to let the question and answer show or not to.
Larry

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 03:16:55 PM »
Don't let the scare mongerers dictate your life.  Half of what is happening is because we listen to them.  I say to keep with your plans, the sky isn't falling.
Rich

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 06:15:24 PM »
Yeah buy that T/A.  And if I get to BC I'll look you up and we can talk T/A's!!

Offline jphillips3333

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 06:05:01 PM »
Rainman ... I read this 9 page prior post about the nightmare ... and here's a rant ...

Consider hiring an attorney to draft a letter and have it delivered certified mail.  Probably $150.  Threatening words like, "Rainman is ready to engage in litigation across state lines and international borders if necessary.  Your best recourse is to repay funds owed without delay or criminal charges will be brought to include fraud, racketeering, dealing in altered/stolen property and other associated state and federal charges that will result in jail time.  Choose your next action here carefully Mr. "John04174 as the legal and financial consequences will follow you for years to come."

The other option is Louie and I have a coupla baseball bats and could google his address ... either way you choose costs about the same amount of money ...   :)  Regardless, apply the screws to visa/paypal/ebay  - print the current listing vs. what you bid on - considerably different and good for a legal battle against all three & the scammer.

If you do opt to do E-bay again, get the PHS docs, get legible shots of the cowl tag, hire an inspector or fly out.  If it's too good to be true, $16K selling price for an appraised $47K car ...something isn't right.

Here's a $46K car ...  not to me, but apparently a couple of people
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-SE-Trans-Am-Nationally-Known-Signed-Celebrity-Car_W0QQitemZ330232804705QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330232804705&

In the future, perhaps we could get some diehards to volunteer to check these cars out if it's local, 25-50 miles or so, for say a tank of gas (or beer) - you know, VIN matches the block, look at body panel alignment, decal placement, gold/red look on "SE" cars, open/close doors ... kick the tires, drive it around the block.  Your eyes and ears against a vehicle purchase ...with no liability of course.
J.
John

1 of 1107                     1 of 37,015                    1 of 1817

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 08:29:33 PM »
Of course he is just kidding about the baseball bats.......
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 08:34:59 PM »
Hey Brett, I'll just be glad to see the nightmare behind me . 

Wish I knew you before this whole thing got started .

I am just glad that I found your forum ,it helped plenty.    Great people here!