Author Topic: The scam is on again !  (Read 4183 times)

Offline 78ta

• The 8 track and gauge/stereo console adapter guy.
Re: The scam is on again !
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 11:14:53 PM »
I believe the deadline for leaving feedback on ebay is 90 days.

I haven't looked at your post about the ordeal in a week or so. Did you really get your money back? I thought you said that you did but then you mentioned that you're still talking to VISA.....
Randy

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 01:00:57 AM »
Yes I got al but 1000 back becuase the 1000 went threw my checking account as I didn't have a high enough limit on Visa to do the whole thing .

visa sent me a letter stating that it would take a up to 126 day's to clear up .although I do have  15G credit back right now pending there investigation .
I think it is a clear and cut case,as this is considered good's not received .
I lost contact completely with the seller after I did my investigation with the previous owner who had his name on the title.

They must have contacted  the other owner,as all the sudden  both his cell phone and home phone said voice mail full .I couldn't even leave a messege at that point .
no contact via email either .

Kind of scared to pay yet another 2,500 for a moving company to pic the car up when I really didn't even know if the car was there or what the heck was going on with these Guy's .

Offline PKelly

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 09:46:29 AM »
How about this one.  These cats have had this up since my search began a year or so ago.  First it was listed as a 400 SE Smokey.  I called of course, and they gave me the VIN.....relunctently.  Notice the VIN is not listed in the add.  There was clearly a big-a** "K" in there, and when I called them on it, they fessed up it was not numbers matching.  It seemed to me that it was just plain dishonest advertising.  They've since removed the Smokey claim, but are still asking a lot, I think.  Any of you know anything about this car?

http://www.corvettesandmusclecars.com/listing-1979+Pontiac+Trans+Am-268.html

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 12:57:16 PM »
Umm where did the console go?? Thought I saw it listed on the Pontiac dealer invoice. I think the center caps are repops....I thought they came with the round chrome/ss metal ones not the hex kind that are on the car. Aftermarket headers & more than likely exhaust. Dash is hacked for aftermarket radio. Where's the "Body by Fisher" tag on the door sill plates? Aftermarket braided hose on overflow bottle and looks to be heater hose. Fuel line isn't correct to the carb....I doubt its the original carb too as it appears to be side fed instead of front fed. Sticker says 403 but its clearly a 400 between the fenders.

All in all - not a bad car but way too much $$ for what it is...appears to be a clone/tribute car.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline jphillips3333

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 06:04:43 PM »
I was sent the PHS docs on that car by Stacy, owners daughter.  They didn't try to scam me but that car has been for sale for well over a year at that price.

[attachment deleted by admin over 90 Days old]
John

1 of 1107                     1 of 37,015                    1 of 1817

Offline jphillips3333

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 06:08:48 PM »
Ooh ... I take it back.  Sorry for the double post.

Here's the VIN Stacy gave me
<SNIP>
Hello, John
> > > > Here is the Vin for the Trans Am (2W8779N142948) let me know if I can help with any other questions. Thanks Stacy
<SNIP>

I asked for confirmation on the fifth digit but she never did acknowledge a Z or a K.  That said, they did eventually send the PHS docs but I can't find the image - it didn't have the Y84 RPO code.
John

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 11:49:05 PM »
Thank's for the replies All.
I don't get it Brett,all they told me was  he has submitted a statement retracting any claim's of wrong doing ,basically  disputing my claim's .

So they want a statement from me I guess  so they can hear my end of the story .
Man will this nightmare ever end!

I have spent all evening writing a letter and getting all my paper work together .Thing's should be looking good,as I kept ton's of documantion .
This should be good when they see it's so dam obviose that he forged a Guy's signiture to title jump.
I should phone the IRS and see if they are interested in the fact that they weren't paid there taxes when he neglected to register the car in his name .
That should get his atention .
I can also prove that I tried to contact the seller after talking to the previose owner . Brian would not answer his cell or home phone after I did my little investigation ,so it made it rather difficult to transport the car when yu have no communication with the seller .

I think he is assuming that because I live 2000 miles away that I am just going to take the loss .NOT!

Offline jphillips3333

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 04:35:48 PM »
Write the letter ... but consider a lawyer at some point
A carefully crafted letter can go a long way in ending this.  For the $150/$200, cut your losses and sit down and get it drafted - ask yourself how much time, effort & suffering is this worth in dealing with it yourself?

Don't take this the wrong way - run spell check on your letter.  Really, if this other guy is a complete rip-off but comes across with a better statement of facts than you, carefully laid out in his favor, you could be in for a longer uphill battle. 

When you do write it, come back in an hour, re-read it and get a third party to read it.  You know the facts, the credit card company and their representative know absolutely nothing about the previous owner, the documentation trail, e-bay records, signatures, etc.  Once they've read if and the nightmare doesn't end, you've got your letter to take to the attorney.

My two cents - good luck!
John

Offline Sir english firebird

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member. proud to be
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 06:23:23 PM »
Power is nothing without Control.

Steve, :-)
1979 Trans am.

( no point in adding what else i keep changing them ! )

Offline Sir english firebird

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member. proud to be
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 06:25:04 PM »
This is the feedback for the car!

"Good Ebayer But needs a little more honesty about items broken and not working"
Power is nothing without Control.

Steve, :-)
1979 Trans am.

( no point in adding what else i keep changing them ! )

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 10:53:39 AM »
OK, his damages are the difference between what Rainman bid, the cost of the follow-on auctions, and cost for storage.  That would be the most anyone would award him.  Rainman should, at a minimum get the balance without question.  However, I think he's (Rainman) entitled to the whole amount.