Author Topic: 2 inch gauge map pocket adapter. Any interest?  (Read 2889 times)

Offline 78ta

• The 8 track and gauge/stereo console adapter guy.
2 inch gauge map pocket adapter. Any interest?
« on: February 22, 2009, 10:54:34 PM »
Hey guys and gals,

I build the map pocket stereo adapters and was wondering if there was any interest in a map pocket adapter that housed three 2 1/16" gauges?

They would likely be priced similar to the stereo adapters at about $49.95 with FREE shipping inside the continental US. They would mount the same way as the factory map pocket does just like the stereo adapters I currently offer.

The face of the adapter would be the same textured black plastic as the stereo adapters have but I am also looking into the possibility of applying the engine turn applique if requested in order to match the dash and shifter bezel on some cars.

If you would be interested in a product like this or just have a comment, please reply directly to this post or email questions to w70442@hotmail.com.

Thank you,
Randy
78ta
Randy

Offline Hoss T/A WS6

• Ohio Firebirds
Re: 2 inch gauge map pocket adapter. Any interest?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 10:58:36 PM »
Would the cost be similar? Just a thought people might want to know! I thought of aftermarket gauges, but would have to use an air vent for the extra gauge, and really did not want to do that! Do you have a prototype or model of what it would look like?
"If you wannna go up in the air, and make a lot of smoke....Buy a rocket"

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 11:44:18 AM »
I think Fbodywarehouse already makes some sort of adapter to fit there now.  I know he was working on one for a while.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Fbodywarehouse

• Fbodywarehouse
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 11:48:02 AM »
No man have at it, our producer on these and our KG line crapped the bed so we no longer have them available, you make em, we'll help sell them all day long for ya!
www.Fbodywarehouse.com
(423) 949 6820

New & Used Replacement Parts
9am - 5pm EST Monday - Friday

Offline 78ta

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 01:52:48 AM »
Hey Pete,
I know we thought there might be a market for them. I just thought I'd post up and see what kind of response there was. I do appreciate your offer to carry them and will let you know when they are ready as I do plan on building them either way.

Yes, the price will be within a few dollars of the stereo adapters if not the same price of $49.95 with free shipping inside the cont US.

I do have a mock up and will post some pics of it Tuesday.

Randy

Randy

Offline Gold79ta

• Adv. Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 11:18:32 AM »
Any pictures ;D

Offline 78ta

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 08:15:23 PM »
Hi Guys,

Here are a couple pics of the mock up. I used the main body of a stereo adapter for the main body here so the width was limited to the width of a DIN stereo 7 3/16". There is more room available in the map pocket opening so on the finished product, the spacing will be more spread out across the face. There will be about 1/8" more space between the center gauge and each outer gauge which will move the outer gauges 1/8" closer to each side of the face for a more balanced look overall. They look a little squeezed in here, to me anyway.

Feel free to send any questions to w70442@hotmail.com

Randy

Randy