Author Topic: John? This is for you, & to the rest of this group (speeding/accident tickets)  (Read 3544 times)

Offline '78 LadyBird

• Adv. Member
Question of the day:

How many tickets have you gotten?

For what and what was the cirucumstances?

How many accidents?  Explain.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 03:02:09 PM by CYA »
Proud owner of
1978 Silver TA WS6/W72
1984 Firebird S/E
2000 Firehawk, #696
1954 Ford Skyliner

New Pictures added...
LINK TO OUR GALLERY
http://www.78ta.com/gallery2/main.php/v/See+Ya/

Heidi

Offline SavingTheBird76

• Adv. Member
Never had an at fault accident,just a few that were on my bike,with others not yielding right of way.
I get a ticket about every year,for speed.
I don't hang out with traffic,nobody passes me and I like triple digit speeds.
If you see me in your mirror,move to the right,or be prepared to be passed on the medium.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 03:16:29 PM by SavingTheBird76 »
HAVE YOU SMOKED A MUSTANG TODAY?

Offline turbota400

• Adv. Member
1 -  Too many to count.  I was a rather crazy and stupid driver as a teenager.  Went a long time not getting one til the last one, 3 years ago for speeding 10 over the limit.

2 -  Careless, exhibition of speed and power, speeding, no insurance.   All in different intervals and sometimes together.

3 -  2 that were my fault, 3 that were not.
Shawn
1972 Chevy C-10
1980 Trans Am Pace Car - 428 ci Poncho in the works
1992 S-10 2WD- Work Bomber/Gas saver
1997 Chevy X-cab 4x4 - Vortec 350

Offline SavingTheBird76

• Adv. Member
In Ohio,your allowed to waiver one moving violation every 12 months,as long as your not more than 20 mph over the posted limit.
The usual highway speeds are 60-65,so traveling 80-85 is my normal highway speed.
Why people like to regulate speed by driving 60 in the fast lane makes me angry.
If drivers would just follow common courtesy,the highway would be a much happier place.

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
1 - speeding ticket. Was right when I-90 changed over from 55 to 65. I was in my 86 Daytona Turbo Z and the speedo registered 70mph. Got tagged for doing 74! About a year later Chrysler was tagged for screwing with the speedometers to cut their 6yr/60k warranty down!

Forgot about this one... 1 ticket expired inspection on the TA last April. Got tagged by a NYS Parks Police officer no less. Was tossed out when I showed proof that the car had been inspected later that day. BUT on the way to get the car inspected I was involved in a hit & run - other moron RAN! (see below comments on carnage to the TA).

Too many accidents to count. Moron clipped me with an IROC in college (I had my Daytona). $50 damage to my car. Moron forgot to set parking brake on his rollback tow truck so it rolled into the front of my new '01 GMC Sierra. Moron backed into me with a mini van in a Hospital parking lot after a major snow storm. She never heard my horn as her christmas music was blaring!!! Moron backed into the side of my pickup truck in an elevated parking ramp. Moron rear ended me - his durango had to be towed away!  None of these were my fault. **This last one caused the '01 to be traded in on a new '04 GMC Sierra.

Idiot driver came to complete stop under a green light, held up her Mapquest directions and started figuring out where she missed her turn. This in all of the span of a nano second so I rear ended her in my new '04 GMC Sierra.

Moron driver clipped the rear of the TA and ran last summer. Over $1200 in damages.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:08:17 AM by brian c »

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
Two speeding tickets:

1.  Stopped for 85 in a 55, written up as 79.5 in a 55 -- which was a break, because 25+ over carries with it a second mandatory ticket of wreckless driving.  Clocked at a distance of nearly a mile away by a stationary cop using VASCAR, a visual timing system, on open rural Interstate in clear dry sunny weather.

2.  Stopped for 81 in a 65, clocked by a stationary cop at a distance of over 1/2 mile using the same visual system.  Incident happened on rural Interstate in clear dry sunny weather.

That's all the tickets I've gotten in 41 years of driving.  I've had numerous roadside chats with police after I was stopped, but somehow we found common ground and no tickets were issued. ;)

Offline 76ta4spd

• Yearning to see the open road!!!
When I was 19 I received almost 8K in tickets for a combintation of the following:
Illegal street racing
Reckless driving
Failure to maintain control
Forgot what the ones for doing burnouts was
Went to jail on 3 seperate occaisions for some of these as well

ALL of these were aquired in a rusty hunk of crap Olds Omega 2dr. This thing was really bad for exterior body work but she was FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST and the interior was great. I have not had a ticket in over 10 yrs now and the only time I have been even pulled over was 1 month ago for out of date tags (warning only) that my memory screwed me over.

James
Make an honest livin and treat people with respect. Everything else just happens naturally.

Offline bobspacin80ta

I personally funded the new building and a few police cars for the township here. Only had my lic for about a total of 6 months from 17 to 27. A few drag racing and a few rec ops but only two speeding. And what really is exibition of speed? I am a truck driver now and havent had a ticket in a long time.

'80 T/A Indy pace car
'78 Grand Prix
'78 Grand Prix

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
Forgot what the ones for doing burnouts was

That's for an "unsafe start".  ;)

Offline 76ta4spd

I beleive exhibition of speed is when the cops tell you that you took off too fast, sometimes resulting in the glorious sound of a chirp between gears. I can hear them now.........................

James
Make an honest livin and treat people with respect. Everything else just happens naturally.

Offline bobspacin80ta

It was in a monza with a built sm blk. Very fun car that ran 11s and looked like a turd! The good old days!
'80 T/A Indy pace car
'78 Grand Prix
'78 Grand Prix

Offline 76ta4spd

AAAAHHHH yes...The ol sleepers. Don't ya just love em? Unless your the one in the other car that thinks he can beat a rust bucket, then your forkin over da cash. lol

James

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
at 16 I backed into a mail box and my buddy said just go, not the greatest idea.
then a month later taking off and burning out infront of a cop (careless driving)
then I got one for speeding another month later

at the age of 18 I got one for doing 65 in a 45...took 2 city blocks to hit that speed from a dead stop. took the cop a half a mile to catch me. (77 cutlass supreme with built 455)

at 19 I got failing to stop an assured distance (rear ended someone for checking out a girls behind on the strip at the beach)
then got a no seat belt ticket a month later
then a sound amplification violation 2 days later
then a violation of basic speed law for going 1mph over the speed limit by a cop that then stalked me.
then the next week got 4 of them from the same cop as he followed me home by hiding behind buildings etc. (he had it out for me that day? and i was getting more and more short handled.
that got me a misdemeanor could have been a felony.
yes for a loud car stereo
then that summer got about 5 more no seat belt tickets from that particular officer
then got pulled over from him several times for my window tint.
at the glorious age of 22 I got a ticket for ride height (too low)
then at 24 I got a speeding ticket 5mph over
then failing to stop an assured distance (rearended someone again) girl pulled out of parking lot to hurry and stop to turn into another one and yet it was somehow still my fault
then the following week I got pulled over for 5mph over again
from that point on, I slowed down and played it safe and stopped speeding no matter how much my boss got on me about time.
finally at the age of 26 I got a ticket for no seatbelt again as I just pulled out of a customers driveway and had not yet buckled up.

no tickets for me now in almost 5 years for ones that matter and 4 if you want to count the seat belt ticket.
alot of these were no points
such as seat belts and 5mph ones along with the sound amplification violation that was just a criminal record yes very stupid if you ask me.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 07:56:29 PM by y88rick »
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline turbota400

• Adv. Member
My exhibition of speed was for taking off waaay to fast and the exhibition of power was for doing burnouts.
Shawn
1972 Chevy C-10
1980 Trans Am Pace Car - 428 ci Poncho in the works
1992 S-10 2WD- Work Bomber/Gas saver
1997 Chevy X-cab 4x4 - Vortec 350

Offline SavingTheBird76

• Adv. Member
Now that I think about it,I did fall asleep once at the wheel,and took out two phone poles in front of a car lot.
Could have been a disaster,as I bought the car a day earlier,and hadn't got insurance yet.
Got a ticket for no insurance,and lost my license for 6 months,but didn't have to pay for any cars.
God was surely with me that day. 8)