Author Topic: aftermarket brakes  (Read 2002 times)

Offline highoutput

aftermarket brakes
« on: May 18, 2016, 10:52:21 AM »
I have replaced my factory front disc brakes with Baer SS4's,  at the same time, I replaced the brake booster/master cylinder & proportioning valve.  In addition, pulled all old brake lines and replaced them with "Right Stuff" pre bent brake lines to fit.
I fully expected this to be a really nice upgrade, however, my new Baer fronts are weak and when fully applying brakes ( hard stop ) the rears will lock up.

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: aftermarket brakes
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 12:35:39 PM »
So you think because the extra light rear end of a drum brake car locks up under hard stops that the front upgrades are no good.  What did you expect?  How good is your suspension? Is it a stock p valve?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:50:37 PM by Aus78Formula »

Offline NOT A TA

Re: aftermarket brakes
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 11:39:43 PM »
I have replaced my factory front disc brakes with Baer SS4's,  at the same time, I replaced the brake booster/master cylinder & proportioning valve.  In addition, pulled all old brake lines and replaced them with "Right Stuff" pre bent brake lines to fit.
I fully expected this to be a really nice upgrade, however, my new Baer fronts are weak and when fully applying brakes ( hard stop ) the rears will lock up.

Is this a statement ^^^ , a request for an explanation why the brakes don't function as well as you'd hoped, or a request for how to remedy the current situation?  Not trying to be a wise guy, just asking and will try to provide answers with more info if that's what you're after. I know you've dumped a bunch of loot into the brakes and are disappointed.
John Paige

Dear Not A TA,
This is Tin Indian's wife. Would you please stop posting pictures of your car? Especially ones with er, ummm, sidepipes. I'm dizzy already and have to get up early in the morning.  :-X