Author Topic: Would anyone be intersted and how much can i get for it?  (Read 1926 times)

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
Would anyone be intersted and how much can i get for it?
« on: December 11, 2013, 09:35:26 PM »
Ok this is my 1979 Trans Am. I have had it and been working on it for a while now but I'm thinking I'm ready to move on. I don't really have the money or time to finish and would like to sell her so I can get a car to drive for when I get my license next month.  So a little about the car:

Its a 79 trans am t tops, ac, power windows, solar gold/camel tan. The engine is a 400 YS code engine from 1972. Has a th400 transmission. Both engine and transmission were rebuilt by the po. Engine runs and tranny shifts.

The body has rust in the rear quarters. Its bubbling up on one side but has a hole in the other. There is some surface rust on the bottom of the trunk pan. Everything else on the car is very solid; floors, underside, firewall, door sills, tail panel, trunk pan are all in excellent shape. The paint is old and rough but is at least talk one color. The car has some door dings and the nose has a crack.  The wheels are vintage mag wheels and are in decent shape.

The interior at the moment is trashed, but I have a whole new interior ready to go into it. This includes new carpet, headliner, package tray, front seats, steering wheel, sill plates, and the panels are freshly painted with SEM paint in their original camel tan color.

The car has a new radiator, battery, shifter linkage, and the carb has been rebuilt. The brakes work and the car steers fine. What is hooked up of the electrical system works. The car will need a new exhaust ran, but I have two new magnaflow xl mufflers that will come with the car. It will also need new tires. The ones on the car hold air but are very old.

The car mostly needs work, most of the parts it needs I have but haven't installed yet.

List of parts with the car: 4 new headlights, nose emblem, interior panels, carpet, seats, package tray, headliner, dome light, steering wheel, magnaflow mufflers, fender flares and front spoiler, sand blasted and primered set of 15x7 rally wheels w/trim rings, door bushing kit, chrome trim for doors and hood, side body molding

Car has clear Tx title and is located near Beaumont, Texas. I would like to get $2,500 obo. Pics below. Would anyone be interested in the car if I were to decide to sell?

Romney/Ryan 2012

-1979 Solar Gold Trans Am in Restoration-

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
Re: Would anyone be intersted and how much can i get for it?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 09:45:48 PM »
I have many more pictures if someone would be interested.
Romney/Ryan 2012

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
you will need to find a buyer that is looking for a project like that. unfortunately project cars don't bring a very high price. good luck
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 10:49:14 PM »
Do you think i'm asking too much?
Romney/Ryan 2012

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 12:42:11 AM »
that car is way past my skill level to resto, others here will have to give you a better idea of what its worth as a project
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff