Author Topic: JasonD's future personal toy......  (Read 18729 times)

Offline JasonD

JasonD's future personal toy......
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 08:48:33 PM »
Check it out......here is a picture of the car that the owners sent me when I first contacted them about it last week. When I told you guys I rescued this thing from behind a trailer in the woods......I wasn't kiddin!

"You'd have to live three lifetimes just to catch up to the allegations that follow ME around!" ---David Lee Roth

Offline CoolBird

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 09:13:43 PM »
Amazingly, there isn't more rust for just sitting out there. Nice to see the tan interior...my favorite :wink:
img]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/Grace768/Our%20Y81/6864-compressed-1.jpg[/img]

Y81 4spd 42K Survivor
Y81 4spd Clone

Offline milly

• Adv. Member
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 09:19:17 PM »
Well, that is an interesting car. At least you know what you're doing, that is gonna be one heck of a project. So, will it be ready for the Nats?? :D
John
1981 Trans Am
1996 Firebird

Central Illinois Firebirds
Ohio Firebirds

Offline jiveturkey692000

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 09:57:01 PM »
Is that a flourescent green gas tank I spy in picture #1 :lol: .  Nice project Jason.
Dan

79 Trans Am, 400, 4spd(temporarily AT)
94.5 Ford F350 CC DRW 7.3 Powerstroke 5spd
82 Dodge D350 Ext Cab 360 4spd

Offline JasonD

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2007, 09:59:07 PM »
Quote from: "milly"
Well, that is an interesting car. At least you know what you're doing, that is gonna be one heck of a project. So, will it be ready for the Nats?? :D

I'd like to think I can get it done before the Nats....but it's a "spare time" deal so I don't know for sure.

I DO know that I have to get my own T/A done soon. I had WAY too much fun running that clunker up and down the road in front of the shop on Sunday.  :lol:
"You'd have to live three lifetimes just to catch up to the allegations that follow ME around!" ---David Lee Roth

Offline 79 T-Top Delete SE

jason d
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 09:59:45 PM »
yea - I kinda like that tan interior toooo..

Offline JasonD

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 10:02:54 PM »
Quote from: "jiveturkey692000"
Is that a flourescent green gas tank I spy in picture #1 :lol: .  Nice project Jason.

hhahahahaha YES!

I asked the guy about that when I was chaining it down on the trailer.

His response:
"Well I had the gas tank out to fix the hose on it and I figgerd since it was out I might as well paint it to keep it from rustin."

Of course, he didn't bother to remove any of the rust on it BEFORE he painted it bright flourescent green.  I still don't know why he used bright flourescent green.  :lol:

Offline milly

• Adv. Member
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 10:05:36 PM »
When you get the T/A done you have got to drive over to that guys house and show it to him.  I bet he won't beleive it is the same car. hehe green gas tank, what ever color you have man.  :lol:
John
1981 Trans Am
1996 Firebird

Central Illinois Firebirds
Ohio Firebirds

Offline JasonD

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 10:09:12 PM »
Quote from: "milly"
When you get the T/A done you have got to drive over to that guys house and show it to him.  :lol:

No way man. He'd probably shoot me.  :lol:

Offline BAN ONE

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2007, 10:53:18 PM »
That is hardly going to be a challenge for you Jason. I was expecting a lot less...metalwise :lol: .
1977 Y81 Trans Am
1971 455HO Trans Am (SOLD)

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 10:56:13 PM »
Or -- conversely, more "rust" wise... :lol:

Offline JasonD

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 11:04:01 PM »
As soon as I got there the first thing I did was get down on the muddy ground and roll around on my back checking out the underneath.  :lol:

The tail panel has some rust, but other than that it's solid as a rock underneath. There are a couple small rust holes in the bottom of the front fenders.....but the car is surprisingly solid. The trunk is pristine.

I have been looking for a 79 Bandit optioned this way for quite awhile.....just to build into a 455-powered beast for myself. I'm really stoked about it.  8)

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 11:41:15 PM »
Glad to see another 79 saved and to be restified! Look forward to seeing the progress as always.
Steve F.

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 11:46:38 PM »
And Grand73Am shows up!  It's been a tough few days without your TA fix, eh? 8)  :wink:

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 12:16:20 AM »
Yes Rick, sufferin' from withdrawals :D . Glad to see y'all over here. I didn't know there was a forum here until Milly mentioned it over at PY.
Steve F.