Author Topic: Restore a Musclecar  (Read 8792 times)

Offline Prettybird81

Re: Restore a Musclecar
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2011, 11:41:22 AM »
Yes, it says "Restored" in the title, but if you read the description it states "recently tuned up and checked over completly" and "Interior was completely gone through with original seat cover, new carpet, headliner and door panels". So the only thing that they "restored" was new paint and decals and new rims and tires. So the description at least tells the story of what was done to the car, maybe not just the word in the title.

Agreed.  They might be nice cars overall so I hate to say "don't buy that Y88"... but based on the quality/severity of problems (including a car fire) I got back, i'd be very careful because they don't back anything up.  Just be careful, and maybe go see the car if possible.
Jeri

"Prettybird" ~ 81 T/A 301T/Auto, 23K.... oh... wait... make that 26K... nope... 27K Orig Miles (survivor)

"Arlington Cemetery has no section for Republicans, Democrats or Independents so get over yourself & suck it up"

Offline LWS78SE

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2011, 09:08:45 PM »
Wow, I thought they were a prestigeous restoration shop. They did email me back and he did say it was a very good driver. Paint was apout 9 years old and they redid the interior, and tuned it up. It came from Hawaii and went to Arizona until now. What do these guys do buy them from all over and resell them? The only reason I considered it was that to buy a "restored" car for $12- 13k would be cheap compared to what I have in mine. I'll be lucky to get by for $25-30,000.
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law!"

Offline Prettybird81

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2011, 09:13:40 PM »
Wow, I thought they were a prestigeous restoration shop. They did email me back and he did say it was a very good driver. Paint was apout 9 years old and they redid the interior, and tuned it up. It came from Hawaii and went to Arizona until now. What do these guys do buy them from all over and resell them? The only reason I considered it was that to buy a "restored" car for $12- 13k would be cheap compared to what I have in mine. I'll be lucky to get by for $25-30,000.

They "turn" a few cars.  Buy low, put some into them and resell... or buy low and resell to customers wanting an 'all inclusive' restoration.  I sent them an unrestored car, pretty solid, would start up/drive etc that I had purchased myself.  I just wouldn't expect something more than the guy with no feedback... meaning don't think that the name will get you something better.  You might get lucky and get a decent deal, but I wouldn't put more on it than if you were buying from the guy down the street.
Jeri

"Prettybird" ~ 81 T/A 301T/Auto, 23K.... oh... wait... make that 26K... nope... 27K Orig Miles (survivor)

"Arlington Cemetery has no section for Republicans, Democrats or Independents so get over yourself & suck it up"

Offline LWS78SE

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2011, 09:21:07 PM »
Gotcha, I think I'll just keep what I got. At least when I get them done I'll have an idea as to what I got. I guess it was just wishful thinking.
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law!"