Author Topic: left with no choice but to do it.  (Read 2409 times)

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
left with no choice but to do it.
« on: October 28, 2008, 09:54:37 PM »
I was told today that im going to get laid off here soon. and until then my hours are to remain at 40 or less per week. that is an automatic hit of $350 a week until a layoff and with no extra cash stashed away, im left with one option and thats selling my y88 i have paint comming from hitman on the wheels just got a restored dash bezel from randy combs just got a factory shift with the proper gold birdie in it. i will be refinishing the wheels as soon as i get the paint from hitman. i will also be purchasing a turn signal lever from brandon on here asap as mine is broken. i also have a brand new drivers side gold t-top on the way it should be here later this week i was told. the car has 88,000 miles on it. very clean just painted the wrong color. the master cylinder is weak but i drove it all summer that way. numbers matching L78 engine un molested with yes with the factory exhaust on it still just cat removed. interior is original and is in ok shape but needs to be restored to make a show car. i paid $11,500 for the car before all the recent purchases looking for offers on the car as to i can see i will need money asap. perhaps partial trades for a project car so i can still feel like a man. i have a ton of pictures of the car not the best as i am no photagrapher but it can give you an idea of what the car really is. the bottom on the passenger fender has some bubbling going on no rust through yet anyways and the underside of this car is dirty but very solid. i do not really want to sell the car and i know i kicked it around because i wanted a black one but i am now left with no choice i may put it on ebay but who knows like i said im open to offers here. as it needs to go soon so i can make sure my lifestyle doesnt go into forclosure. i guess atleast i was told this is going to happen rather than a sudden suprise. my email is ittakesmoney@yahoo.com if you want any pics as i cannot figure out how to post them here. i had it scheduled to be painted properly soon and still may if i can get a round about on my lay off time comming and approximate length so i know wheather or not i actually stand a chance for survival especially having 4 kids we cannot sleep in the ta thats for sure. i cant sell my truck because i need a daily driver that can fit all of us as well man im screwed.
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Re: left with no choice but to do it.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 12:50:30 PM »
Sorry to hear about the tough times.  Yes, the gold paint is on the way.  It has to go US Post Office Ground so it takes a little longer to get there.  Also, if you want to email me the photos of your car (which maybe you did already in the past) I can post them up for you.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 01:48:35 PM »
i will take some better ones this weekend actually i will wait for the paint to arrive so i can paint the wheels first so alteast that part is done and i want to get the factory shifter back in there too.

Offline mrpontiac80

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 11:12:25 PM »
Well speaking from current experiance, I think having it painted will help sell the car.  That is the one thing hurting mine.  Everyone likes it well enough but the paint aspect throws the purchase price off balance.    Of course, on the other hand, painting it first could result in a larger amount of money invested that you may not get back also.

Sorry to hear about that..   Good luck.

Michael Russell

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 10:49:54 AM »
MY FEAR IS THE CAR GETTING PAINTED AND TAKING TOO LONG TO SELL. MY WIFE THINKS WE SHOULD HAVE IT PAINTED AND KEEP IT ANYWAYS IM LIKE WELL WE CANNOT LIVE IN THE CAR. I CAN GET A PROJECT CAR. SO SHE STATES IF YOU GET A PROJECT CAR YOU WONT WORK ON IT AND NEVER GET DONE SO IF YOU SELL IT YOU SHOULD WAIT UNTIL YOU CAN BUY ANOTHER ONE THAT YOU CAN ENJOY AND DRIVE. TRUE TO A POINT BUT I DONT LIKE THE STATUS OF HAVING NOTHING EITHER KIND OF MAKES ME FEEL LIKE LESS OF A MAN. I USED TO HAVE 8 NOW JUST THIS ONE AND I NEED TO MAINTAIN ATLEAST ONE TO BE HAPPY ANYWAYS.  I DID FIND A GUY WHO HAS 2 72 CHEVELLES FOR 2000 THAT ARE ROUGH BUT IT COULD BE A FUN PROJECT AS I HAVE NEVER OWNED A CHEVELLE AND IT WOULD GIVE US SOME SURVIVAL MONEY OUT OF THE TA. AT THIS POINT UNPAINTED LEAVING IT WHITE, I THINK IF I WERE OFFERED 8500 CASH I'D PROBABLY SELL IT TODAY.

Offline Gold78Spc

• Ohio Firebirds President 2008
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 11:22:49 PM »
Sell a Y88 TA and restore a Chevelle????? Man thats just crazy talk.  Well I understand you've got to do what you've gotta do.  Just don't panic prematurely.  Maybe the layoff won't last too long or you will be able to find temporary work while you are waiting to get called back.  You should be able to collect unemployment while on layoff and with a little cash side job things may not be as horrible as they seem.  Good luck anyways.
78 Gold Special Edition TA
96 GMC Sierra
99 Diamondback 18 Spd
00 Ford Windstar
04 Buick Rendezvous
05 Roadmaster tricycle

Keep on Moppin' in the Free world.

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 07:18:24 AM »
this is what my wife says. maybe i am talking out of deperation but my morals tell me do it now before its too late. maybe i need to actively seek side work who knows. my line of thought is if i had a pool of survival money and buy a cheap massive project car, i'd be alright.

Offline Solar78

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 09:18:32 PM »
Man... I am sorry to hear that... I just did the same thing with my Y81 because I think the axe is falling on me too at work....

I hate ebay, but just so you know you don't pay the big fee anymore unless your car meets the reserve! So its not a horrible option to get the max price out of your car.

I tried it, but thankfully found a Transam addict to sell her too.....

Best of luck with everything!

"Yeah, thanks. Took the restrictor plate off to give the Red Dragon a little more juice. But it's not exactly street legal, so keep it on the down low"

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 09:41:31 PM »
thank you i dont want to sell it but you know how life is obviously so with luck i can sell it and find a new project car and move on in life. i put it on ebay the other day wanna buy it? lol

Offline wheels78ta

• Worth its weight in Gold
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 04:53:34 PM »
Sorry to hear the news on the layoff.  And as Gold78Spc said, DONT PANIC PREMATURELY.

We're one big happy family, so there's lots of praying and hoping for the best.

Wheels
1978 Y88 W72 WS6 4-SPD 79,000 miles
1987 Chevy K5 Blazer 7.4L Vortec 4x4
2005 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1L Vortec 4x4
2006 Chevy Silverado Z71 5.3L Vortec 4x4