Author Topic: Turn signal switch? and Circuit on back of speedo/tach?  (Read 4585 times)

Offline mikekop

Re: Turn signal switch? and Circuit on back of speedo/tach?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 04:02:20 PM »
Call me stupid, but there's a part called "cancelling cam", part no. DOR49300 that looks like my broken part?

Skickat från min SGP321 via Tapatalk
I'm not dangerous, I'm just plain ugly...

Offline Angelo

• Mods and Rods
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 05:32:15 PM »
That is the mechanical part of the turn signal switch. For a few bucks more you can get the wiring harness with this together. The only advantage to this part is you could leave the factory wiring but more than likely it is just as worn.
81' (78 clone), House of Kolor Jet Set Black, Pontiac 400 built by DCI Motorsports, FiTech EFI, Tremec 6 speed, 3.73 rear, YearOne 17" snowflake, Pro Touring F-body GT shocks/springs, hydroboost, factory 4 disc, Ram Air Resto + Thrust transverse exhaust.

Offline evob

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2014, 05:36:15 PM »
 mikekop, this is the canceling cam.  http://www.fieros.de/jpg/col8.jpg
Thanks,
Brant

Offline mikekop

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 07:39:56 AM »
That is the mechanical part of the turn signal switch. For a few bucks more you can get the wiring harness with this together. The only advantage to this part is you could leave the factory wiring but more than likely it is just as worn.
Yes, and mine has a crack right where the turn signal lever screws on, so that when I engage the lever, it pivots around the lever attachment screw instead of just turning the white ring thing. It does engage the turn signal, easily to the left, but with effort to the right, if this part was intact, my turn signal switch would function properly. I don't think the rest of the switch is that worn, I tried to glue the lever to the white ring, and the short time the glue held up, the switch worked perfectly, nice and firm, but it is hard to glue something onto that kind of oily plastic, so now it's loose again.
At some point in time, someone has messed with the turn signal lever, I replaced it since it lacked the black plastic knob, and instead had a weird plastic thing that looked like a part of a ball pen or something. I'm thinking someone accidentally broke the lever somehow.

I feel I'm having trouble explaining my problem, I hope I make sense to someone!

Offline mikekop

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 08:07:35 AM »
Sorry, the part is called "Turn signal cam", you are absolutely right evob!