Author Topic: 1977 SE Bandit found after being gone for decades  (Read 9412 times)

Offline onebluess

• Laissez les bons temps rouler !
Re: 1977 SE Bandit found after being gone for decades
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 12:46:25 AM »
Cool car. The rarest 77 if im guessing right. I was thinking my rear trim was factory due to a screw up or early production.

And heres something i believe more than doubled the value of your car. You get the satisfaction of having the almost non-exsistant Y81 and still get to enjoy the dealer installed t-tops.

I bet a internet search doesn't find any......
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 12:54:51 AM by onebluess »

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2014, 01:27:19 AM »
My 77 SE Y82 was built 1/77 and it has all black trim. So there must of been something funny going on at the plant.

Offline onebluess

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2014, 02:37:51 AM »
My 77 SE Y82 was built 1/77 and it has all black trim. So there must of been something funny going on at the plant.

1st senerio: someone was getting their TA one piece at a time Johney Cash style and there was no black trim that day.

2nd Senerio: someone stayed out too late at the local Disco and burned one too many the night before.  But we should be proud of this person because they still made it to work to install my plain window trim.

Offline banditbls

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2014, 01:47:24 PM »
Cool car. The rarest 77 if im guessing right. I was thinking my rear trim was factory due to a screw up or early production.

And heres something i believe more than doubled the value of your car. You get the satisfaction of having the almost non-exsistant Y81 and still get to enjoy the dealer installed t-tops.

I bet a internet search doesn't find any......

I chat and trade parts with a guy in California , and he sold a beautiful Y81 4-peed with just 30k on it ... It seems , he was telling me that it would have probably brought more money "IF" it had been a Y82  ......  T-Tops are more appealing to  buyers .....

I have read somewhere that 13 Y81 4-speeds are known to be left in existence  .... I hope that number is wrong .... I hope there are more  :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Trans-Am-SE-Special-Edition-s-Match-W72-30-960-ORIGINAL-MILES-4-Speed-PHS-Docs-1-of-384-NO-/321261634347?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4accaf832b&item=321261634347&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

His car brought $29,000 .......

I just bought a 78 Firebird for rust-free parts and the solid roof ......  Not to make my car "correct" , but to strengthen it back up ...  My car has been driven Hard .....  I am not interested in going back stock or restoring back to "stock"  .....  I got to drive it all stock for a couple thousand miles in 1985 .....

As far as value of my car , it would take totally insane crazy money to buy it from me ......  Luckily that will never happen  ;D

here are 2 pics of the "hack" job Custom Trim of Indy did on my car

They actually slid in loosely this flat piece to have something to screw back on the trim on both sides ....

My roof had actually shown signs it was flexing and twisting after putting higher horsepower engines and letting my car sit since 1994 hasn't helped it any either .....

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 02:06:23 PM »

Well, you could always get yourself a 1977 Y82 4spd. I know they are extremely rare and maybe impossible to find one for sale that is affordable.

I was toying with selling mine. It's pretty much rust free using NOS or Original 77 Trans Am parts.

Just a thought

Offline onebluess

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2014, 03:28:19 PM »
We can thank the movie for making the Y cars rare. Ive got 2000 in mine. I know thats a lot but it is a rust free one owner car. But i feel so lucky to have it id probably turn down good money for it.

But then again i turned down 4500 for a 1000 camaro because i was attached to it.

Offline banditbls

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 04:28:46 PM »
Ive got 2000 in mine. I know thats a lot but it is a rust free one owner car

That's the thing ....  YOU thought it was worth it .....  I do also

JupiterBandit had a Y82 for sale ( It runs and drives, the AC works. ) The rear section was rusty , but he only wanted $8,990.00 ...

How could a running and driving 4-speed Y82 not be worth that ?!?   :)

I understand some people only see cars as "flippers" or "moneymakers" ......  I have High Respect for the top-end restoration shops and THE PEOPLE that strive to find the best and most accurate examples for us all to drool at in person and pictures....

I don't look at Pontiacs and Trans Ams with dollar signs in my eyes .....  I love Trans Ams .... All 20+ (includes all the parts cars ) I have been blessed to have owned over the years ....  I remember every one of them  ;)

onebluess , here is a pic of my car present .....  it looks worse than it is ..... I have sprayed flat black over the places the original paint finally gave in to ....... I current have the windshield and engine out , and the doghouse is held on by a couple of bolts...

i just bought this 78 Firebird ($650 )  for it's roof , nose , and doors ( I want the manual roll ups anyways) .....

Offline onebluess

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 11:23:20 AM »
Thats a good deal for the parts firebird. Exactly what I've been wanting to supply parts for mine.

Offline onebluess

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2014, 06:34:19 PM »
We can thank the movie for making the Y cars rare. Ive got 2000 in mine. I know thats a lot but it is a rust free one owner car. But i feel so lucky to have it id probably turn down good money for it.

But then again i turned down 4500 for a 1000 camaro because i was attached to it.

But then again I was just offered $6000. It hurt to turn that down.