Author Topic: She's home! Here are a few pics...  (Read 6485 times)

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Re: She's home! Here are a few pics...
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 09:25:57 PM »
oddly enough the springs they used on that car, that they had to replace in popular hot rodding are now on my car! ha i am building mine after the same car
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 12:43:40 AM »
nice...do you know specs on wheels/tires?

BOSS 338 wheels
FALKEN FK 452 tires
front - 18x8 with 255/40R-18
rear - 18x9.5 with 275/40R-18

sweet...from what i read in the article 6" BS is too much(and the BOSS wheels look much better than thier choice) do you have any rubbing?  you already have the susp. upgrades that most would want.  (i was going to comment on the paint color as well...some orange in there)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 12:50:34 AM by hada76 »
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline SOLICIT

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 10:08:17 AM »

oddly enough the springs they used on that car, that they had to replace in popular hot rodding are now on my car! ha i am building mine after the same car
Nice.  I'm still getting used to how well it handles.  After having owned others without these upgrades, it's strange driving one that can take turns this well.  There is some extra play in the steering I need to chase down, but probably won't get to that for a few weeks.

sweet...from what i read in the article 6" BS is too much(and the BOSS wheels look much better than thier choice) do you have any rubbing?  you already have the susp. upgrades that most would want.  (i was going to comment on the paint color as well...some orange in there)
No rubbing so far, and I've put on at least 100 miles of city & rural driving.  Yeah, I'm thinking this is quite a bit more orange than Carousel Red.  Either way, I love it as it is.  Matching it for touch ups is going to be nearly impossible though.  The guy I got if from didn't have a can of leftover paint.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:13:43 AM by jdjdtdmd »

Offline Fitz78TA

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 10:52:02 AM »
car looks really good man. I have always loved those wheels and the orange with gun metal wheels looks awesome.
78 Trans Am - twin turbo iron block LS1, T56, 9"

http://www.78ta.com/HTAF/index.php?topic=25934.0

Offline PA Formula 78

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 11:24:30 AM »
The car looks great.  I am going to be painting my car Prowler Orange Metallic, and it will have the same wheels that are on your car.  I am hoping to have the body work done this summer, and have the car in paint sometime this fall so I can work on the interior this winter.
2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD (daily driver)
78 Pontiac Firebird Esprit - mild 350, 4-speed, hardtop
77 Plymouth Volare - mild 318, auto, t-tops
64 Plymouth Valiant - built 360, push button auto (future project)

Offline SOLICIT

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 11:31:21 AM »
car looks really good man. I have always loved those wheels and the orange with gun metal wheels looks awesome.
Thanks man.  That's one sick T/A you're building!  Nice.

Offline 80TArebuild

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 12:02:52 PM »
I just got done checking out the suspension you have under your car and I'm still drooling all over my keyboard.  Very nice and I agree that's one sick T/A man!!!
Lucas & Summer
1980 T/A - Pontiac 400, Turbo 400 trans.
1997 Dodge Dakota
2007 Ford Fusion

Offline SOLICIT

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2011, 08:59:03 PM »
Got word from the paint shop that the few runs in the paint I found are cleaning up nice, and the window trim will be painted the correct black, instead of the gloss black they were.  They're also going to remove the rear window, and add the right amount of sealant so it's raised closer to the rear window trim.  I can't wait to get it back tomorrow!

Just got some new interior pieces to finish some things up.  New Sunvisor supports, new pull strap end caps for p/s door, and new p/s seatbelt guide.  Plus, used seatbelt covers are on their way from kentuckyyeti!  It's coming together!  Kicking around a new console, but might hold off until this winter when we redo the carpet and d/s seat cushion.

Offline SOLICIT

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2011, 01:55:52 PM »
Sorry to keep posting, but I'm excited!  Just got back to the office from the body shop, and am freakin' stoked!!!!  (I justify my use of "freakin' stoked" by my 3 years in SoCal.....lol)  Wow, does it look good.  The window trim is now the correct black, the runs are now gone, and a very light scratch on the left rear above the wheel well completely buffed out.  They're washing it now, and I'll be picking it up after work.

So, as some of you might have figured out before I did, it is certainly not Carousel Red.  I and everyone else who has seen it in person love the color, but the only bummer is I have no idea what the true color is, which means I can't do touch ups.  The previous owner bought it just after it was painted, and he didn't get the info.  I'm going to buy a bottle of Harley orange (PMS 165), and touch up an inconspicuous spot to see how they compare.  This orange seems to be a close match.  
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 02:00:05 PM by jdjdtdmd »

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2011, 02:12:03 AM »
they have a machine that "looks" at your paint and can match most any color
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline SOLICIT

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2011, 10:40:20 AM »
It's funny.  When I arrived to pick it up, there was a Harley sitting out front that looked like the exact same shade of orange.  So we started talking, and I asked if he thought my T/A was Harley orange?  (aka Home Depot orange, Gulf orange....exact same orange)  At first his painter resisted, but after some persistence he grabbed some extra paint he had and sure enough, it matched!  So now I have some touch up paint!  Woooohooooo!  Already did a few spots.