Author Topic: So that new challenger  (Read 8285 times)

Offline t/a4.915

• I come alive when I put it in drive.
Re: So that new challenger
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 07:25:58 PM »
the RS is another nod to the '69. it puts backup lights down on the lower rear bumper as they did on the 69's with the RS package. it moved them from within the taillights to down on the lower valance. in this case, its from the taillights to the bumper.

Mike
1980 Trans Am NA 301 #s matching

Offline MrAFX

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Burgundy 81 Turbo
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 08:07:32 PM »
The designers feelings are gonna be hurt guy's,. he stated all along that it was not to be a 69 tribute car but a modern retro camaro. anyways, i still think it looks like a retro 69'ish camaro. I don't understand what you guys are seeing that you don't like.

All three are looking pretty good i think; Challenger, Mustang and Camaro.

oh well   
Sold -1979 Mayan Red TA 400/4
Sold- 1980 Black TTA SE

Offline w72transamowner

• Tidewater Trans Am Club (www.ttac.net)
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 08:19:27 PM »

the RS is another nod to the '69. it puts backup lights down on the lower rear bumper as they did on the 69's with the RS package. it moved them from within the taillights to down on the lower valance. in this case, its from the taillights to the bumper.

Mike

Well I sure hope that $1200 bucks Pat just spent gave him more than relocated backup lights.   ;)
1978 Trans Am WS6/W72, Auto (purchased Sep 00)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/carfanatic1

Offline t/a4.915

• I come alive when I put it in drive.
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 08:27:14 PM »
well i think its also lower parkin lights or sumthin and, maybe the stripes. and the badging

Mike
1980 Trans Am NA 301 #s matching

Offline KeePat

• When I finish my T/A I will change my avatar!
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 10:01:25 PM »
The designers feelings are gonna be hurt guy's,. he stated all along that it was not to be a 69 tribute car but a modern retro camaro. anyways, i still think it looks like a retro 69'ish camaro. I don't understand what you guys are seeing that you don't like.

All three are looking pretty good i think; Challenger, Mustang and Camaro.

oh well  

I agree! All three look great!

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 07:02:45 AM »
ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh i bow down to that collection right there. when the mustangs first came out i really wanted one as ford did a great tribute then i heard the camaro was coming back so i held off then i seen the pics and was open atfirst then the challenger comes out and camaro what....camaro who?....heheh i love the challenger but some people are die hard f body people i only like the 67-81 birds and 67-92 camaro's dont like the rest but thats just me and mustangs well i only liked them until 71ish and then 05 and up so its all on prefference i'd say but i like most challengers as well.
Too many birds, not enough food.