Author Topic: wiper motor  (Read 1524 times)

Offline blackbeauty79

wiper motor
« on: June 26, 2016, 07:20:37 AM »
I have a 79 TA, how do I know which wiper motor I need?

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: wiper motor
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 08:58:30 AM »
There's only 2 types for a 79 TA, one has the water pump on the motor side (Pulse), the other runs up from the water bottle with pump in base (Standard). So you can also tell by the washer bottle, and also by the wiper switch on dash if simply on and off or has the intermittant of the Pulse.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:01:47 AM by Aus78Formula »

Offline blackbeauty79

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 10:23:22 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply! I have just the on and off switch on the dash. Which motor would that be? I see they come with the water pump on not on it.

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 10:25:21 AM »
Just the plain with pump on washer bottle

Offline blackbeauty79

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 10:30:58 AM »
Thanks. When we bought the car it was almost 100% naked..so we are putting it back together...Where does the pump on the bottle go? Since I do not have a bottle either ;) ha.

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 07:43:44 PM »
If piecing it together just make sure the pieces actually match. For instance, mine was an original Pulse wiper car, but had plain wipers when I got it, although incomplete. I suspect whoever did the dash only used basic template and switch didn't fit as it's all custom made.

Your wiper motor should be the plain type without any extra washer tubes running to the pump on it.

The washer bottle has a pump in the base with tubes coming out of it. It sucks the fluid out and sends it up to the squirters. The Pulse version has pump on wiper motor and sucks it all the way from a tube going into the lid of the bottle. So even the bottles are different.

Here's a few pics of the standard washer bottle with pump in base:

http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=71053.0