Author Topic: Production numbers question  (Read 901 times)

Offline TurdPolisher

• Bucket List # 3 under way
Production numbers question
« on: August 01, 2012, 04:05:48 AM »
Hey all,

In case you haven't seen the pics of my bucket list project named "Piper"  I'm new to using a forum and the restoration  of a project in general.  I tried searching for my answer to the following question with no luck so I'm wondering if there is a guru on production numbers for a certain combination of interior.

I landed a 79 TA that was Mayan Red with 12N Oyster white trim, door panels, headliner and deluxe seats with the dash, console, carpet and kick panels in red. Not to brag........but it will look SHARP when restored.

Is there anyone out there that has access to information about how many of these were produced in that year.  So many people I have spoken to have said that they have never heard of nor seen one yet I do have only one pic of the package that was shared with me.  One guy in town argued that they were never made...........till I showed him the cowl plate with the code.  >:(

Can anyone lend a hand with this mystery{

Thanks and happy wrenching.
If you are going to do it wrong........you might as well do it RIGHT!

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Re: Production numbers question
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 01:17:24 PM »
nope that information was never documented.... word of mouth is all there really is.... but sounds like an odd kinda rare combo....
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 02:45:20 PM »
The only production numbers recorded was related to drive train choices and t tops. Color and interior layout wasn't recorded. Which sucks. It is safe to say though that some are more rare than others. I'd say yours isn't too common. Two tone interiors aren't seen very often.
Romney/Ryan 2012

-1979 Solar Gold Trans Am in Restoration-

Offline TurdPolisher

• Bucket List # 3 under way
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 08:03:28 PM »
Thanks for the heads up guys.  Sounds like I should be fortunate to have found such a rare find without even looking.........Looks like Karma does come back to people in one way or another.   8)
If you are going to do it wrong........you might as well do it RIGHT!