Author Topic: electrical gremlin  (Read 556 times)

Offline T/A Kid

electrical gremlin
« on: September 20, 2011, 09:29:38 PM »
I am reinstalling the instrument cluster and notice that I have some electrical current reading off of the cluster metal housing. I have the ground hooked up from the body to the motor and I notice that the wiper quit working and the gas gauge is working intermittently. I need some ideas I supposed there are some grounded wires somewhere. 
In memory of my big brother Jimmy
miss ya everyday bud.

Offline Joeyinal

• WS6 SE
Re: electrical gremlin
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 09:36:27 PM »
you are more than welcome to come to guntersville and look at mine, if that will help you out

Offline T/A Kid

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 09:43:56 PM »
Thanks for the offer this is on the 70 I'm working on I was hoping someone might mention something I may have over looked, but I'm afraid it will be a case of wiring diagram and running down all the wires till I find the problem.
miss ya everyday bud.

Offline Joeyinal

• WS6 SE
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 09:49:40 PM »
yes i remember the dash being tore out of mine and all the wiring issues. not too bad though. worst part to me was crawling around in the car with nothing in there, pretty rough on the knees.

Offline T/A Kid

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 08:51:26 AM »
I may have found part of the problem, I looked at the car before I left for work this morning and noticed that the printed circuit has some damage where the wiring harness plugs in looks like some of the circuits may have been grounding into the housing. So it looks like that will be a starting place anyway.
miss ya everyday bud.