Author Topic: BROWN BIRDS  (Read 44490 times)

Offline Squirrel

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Dan
Re: BROWN BIRDS
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 04:15:41 PM »
my bird is very angry..

my other brown bird has been washed so much and sat out in the sun to many times that it has been faded to a solar gold color.

renovations or hammer,

could you please remove this gold bird from this thread!!!  maybe since he is my brother and has been in my car several times we can let him slide and be a wanna be brown.   just had a thought, you are getting it painted soon, go brown.
1978 Chesterfield Brown TA
1977 Camaro 4 speed with t tops
1977 Mustang Cobra II

Offline mastiso77

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 02:15:24 PM »
mastiso77, what size tire do you have on those rims, i like the 15x7 snowflakes, real nice car, how long have you had it?

Thanks,  the tire size is 225/70/15.  When I bought the car from my brother he tried to drive it from the east coast to Kansas on the original tires.  Shortly after he started out the tires went south and had to stop to get a new set of sneakers for her.  We decided to put on a cheap set of tires  since the car would sit alot of the time once it got out here.

I've had my bird now for 4 years.  My brother bought it with 15K on the clock from the original owner with the intentions of painting it black and doing the SE stripes but decided against it.  So he sold it to me with 17K on it and after doing a power tour run and some joy rides she now has 21K.
77 W72 TA
66 IMPALA SS 327
87 OLDS CUTLASS SUPREME
92 GMC 1500 383

Offline Pontiacnut7077

Re: BROWN BIRDS-There has to be more than 4 Brown TA's out there, right?
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 07:51:29 AM »
Here is my 78 Chesterfield Brown W72 4spd awiating a freshening ;)

Too many Firebirds.....is that a problem?

Offline Squirrel

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Dan
Re: BROWN BIRDS-5 and counting, Is Brown most rare...
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 01:21:00 PM »
good to see another brown 78, what are you plans for this TA? 
1977 Mustang Cobra II

Offline solargold

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 06:03:50 PM »

The 79 with original paint at the Ban One show belongs to Buie from Texas. The one above was at the Ban One show as well
L8R G8R

Offline Pontiacnut7077

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 09:53:34 PM »
My plans for the car is to replace the bad sheetmetal, paint and replace the suspension. Then drive it. She runs really well. I acquired a set of 15x8 snowflakes...but thinking the 17 inch snowflakes might make their way on it. ;)
Too many Firebirds.....is that a problem?

Offline Squirrel

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Dan
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 11:08:11 PM »
My plans for the car is to replace the bad sheetmetal, paint and replace the suspension. Then drive it. She runs really well. I acquired a set of 15x8 snowflakes...but thinking the 17 inch snowflakes might make their way on it. ;)

the 15x8's  look great with 255/60/15's on em.  i had rally's that were perfect and switched to 15x8 snows and really like the look.
1977 Mustang Cobra II

Offline 77tafrommo

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 11:25:04 AM »
Here is Brentwood Brown 77. I am hoping to do a repaint in a couple of years and yes it will remain Brown .....  ;D

Here is a link to Photobucket with more pictures.....Man I love seeing everyone else's Brown Birds !
http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/77TAfromMO/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 11:40:14 AM by 77tafrommo »
1977 TA Brentwood Brown

Offline Squirrel

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Dan
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 02:19:38 PM »
77tafrommo,

nice rig, how long have you had it.  what heads are those edelbrock d port, or the rpm's.  how much performance are you getting out of your set up.  i ported my heads and brought back the d ports i bought to save some $.   i also bought some inexpensive headers and was wondering your opinion of the doug ones you bought.  what cam do you have.  i also had rally wheels and recently bought snowflakes with the head money i saved.  i had the wrong center caps and wanted the ones you have but could not find any new ones for under 90 a piece, ridiculous, so i got the flakes.

your paint looks great in the pics.  what size tires are they, sorry for all the questions.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:21:18 PM by Squirrel »
1977 Mustang Cobra II

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 02:23:33 PM »
i had a brown 78 was all original and i miss that car.....
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline bobspacin80ta

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 04:19:44 PM »
I really miss my brown 79. The pics are in my gallery.
'80 T/A Indy pace car
'78 Grand Prix
'78 Grand Prix

Offline 77tafrommo

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 05:11:13 PM »
77tafrommo,

Squirrel,    the paint looks decent 20 feet, but is some minor surface rust and some previous repair that were not done properly. I have RPM heads, but honestly wish I would have spent more time on this site before buying. For the same money I could have put in a stroker, ported the heads, bumped the compression and had probably more streetable power. I have not dynoed the motor as of yet, but estimate with 72cc heads and rest of the mods were around 475-500 horse. I have been fightling detonation, but still need to have Maryland Bandit redo my carb so I can see if I am just leaning out too much. I have had the car for 3 years, I do not remember the cam specs, I have posted them in the past on this site and I am not sure on the tire size.....I really was a lot of help ! Anyway got to love the Brown Birds......!   

nice rig, how long have you had it.  what heads are those edelbrock d port, or the rpm's.  how much performance are you getting out of your set up.  i ported my heads and brought back the d ports i bought to save some $.   i also bought some inexpensive headers and was wondering your opinion of the doug ones you bought.  what cam do you have.  i also had rally wheels and recently bought snowflakes with the head money i saved.  i had the wrong center caps and wanted the ones you have but could not find any new ones for under 90 a piece, ridiculous, so i got the flakes.

your paint looks great in the pics.  what size tires are they, sorry for all the questions.
1977 TA Brentwood Brown

Offline bobspacin80ta

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2010, 09:54:21 PM »
'80 T/A Indy pace car
'78 Grand Prix
'78 Grand Prix

Offline Trans am Oz

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2010, 02:47:22 AM »
mastiso77, what size tire do you have on those rims, i like the 15x7 snowflakes, real nice car, how long have you had it?

Thanks,  the tire size is 225/70/15.  When I bought the car from my brother he tried to drive it from the east coast to Kansas on the original tires.  Shortly after he started out the tires went south and had to stop to get a new set of sneakers for her.  We decided to put on a cheap set of tires  since the car would sit alot of the time once it got out here.

I've had my bird now for 4 years.  My brother bought it with 15K on the clock from the original owner with the intentions of painting it black and doing the SE stripes but decided against it.  So he sold it to me with 17K on it and after doing a power tour run and some joy rides she now has 21K.
Love hearing these type of stories..great to know another brown TA was saved from the bandit ;D
Beautiful cars guys..only seen one 79 brown TA here in the local area and that was a good 12 months a go :(

Offline HOMER

• Adv. Member
  • Brown Bandit lol
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2010, 09:16:21 AM »
i think brown is over looked because whenever you find a brown one, the paint is faded and not very appealling, but look how it looks with a nice new paint job... beautiful!!
She's a Winner