Author Topic: resto shops?  (Read 2094 times)

Offline 79TA-sdro

resto shops?
« on: August 17, 2011, 08:30:01 PM »
Hey does anyone know of any good and reasonably priced resto shops near Boyertown/ Pottstown PA ???? mainly for body rust repair and paint.
thanks sandro

Offline TAKID455

Re: resto shops?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 07:52:53 AM »
whats 'reasonably priced' in your words? Most shops charge 65-85/hr . Figure at least 40hrs min work. Thats 26-3400 for labor plus materials. Also, what are your honest expectations. That are few in the Warren county NJ area I can recommend. I do resto work to an extent, but mainly focus on custom fab, suspension and driveline modification.
2nd Gen Engineering
Specializing in Suspension and Driveline Performance Engineering
Custom/ Racing/ Restorations

Offline 79TA-sdro

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 10:46:09 AM »
well on body i wouldn't like to spend more then 1,500. the rust is just around the back window, bottom of rear quarters, cowl panel, and driver side fender needs to be replaced. But i would try to supply all the parts most likely of of this forum or performance years so i was thinking just cutting and welding and paint matching. I 16 working low hours during the school year to do this so i don't have a huge budget, or will have it done anytime soon.

Offline TAKID455

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 01:07:21 PM »
1500 sounds a bit low w/o seeing the extent of the rust. thats only 2 days of work. I have some fenders If you cant find any around your area. I am about 2 hrs from you.

You may have better luck find someone that does it on the side or moonlights. I understand the school / work thing. Does your school have a vo tech or co op type program w/ a community college?
2nd Gen Engineering

Offline 79TA-sdro

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 04:17:39 PM »
yeah it does i was trying to see if they would except my car but i couldn't get a hold of anybody.

Offline TAKID455

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 12:34:20 PM »
be presistant. keep trying. try to do some yourself if you can. go to cruise nights and meet people. word travels.  best of luck.
2nd Gen Engineering

Offline 79TA-sdro

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 10:37:43 AM »
hey thanks man, Ive already meet some people and gotten allot of help from this forum. thanks sandro