Author Topic: Build Sheet?  (Read 10097 times)

Offline Crazylock

• 1979 Pontiac Trans-Am 403 auto
Build Sheet?
« on: January 12, 2009, 09:07:27 AM »
i dont have one, but i want one, is there any way to get a "leagal" reproduction?
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some muscle.

Offline Helter80

Re: Build Sheet?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 09:39:46 AM »
no. they only were put in the car at the factory and that was it. if its gone, theres nothing you can do. i dont have mine either
www.transamplus.com
Rob

79 Trans Am- Nocturne Blue,T-Tops,403,Camel Tan Deluxe Interior

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 10:26:16 AM »
Helter is right.... the only one they made was in the car.  Once it is gone, it is gone.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Crazylock

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 01:35:40 PM »
damn, thats sux. i wish i knew the guy that lost it  >:( >:D
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some muscle.

Offline 72StreetBird

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 01:55:35 PM »
Knowing that you are new here, just where have you looked for it?
Most are found behind the rear seat back or on top of the fuel tank.
I found one under the drivers front seat on my 78. It was stuck between the bottom spring wire and the foam cushion.
Harry 72 Firebird, 78 Trans Am W72 WS6
PRO Edelbrock Fastest Street Car Series 15 second index winner 2003, 2004 Cordova, Il

Offline Crazylock

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 02:02:05 PM »
no way, it can be hiding? well i have had the entire interior gutted, but i havent look under the gas tank? are there any other locations i should check?

Offline 72StreetBird

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 02:08:04 PM »
Not under the tank, on top of it. You have to pull the tank down to look for it.
Harry 72 Firebird, 78 Trans Am W72 WS6
PRO Edelbrock Fastest Street Car Series 15 second index winner 2003, 2004 Cordova, Il

Offline Crazylock

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 02:09:15 PM »
i will do that tonight.....ill kick my own a** if its not there  :'( :'( :'(
lol so the interior was torn down when i got it (with no build sheet) so im assuming its under the gastank...thanks alot man
 ;D if its not there, i dont blame you~! :P

Offline Helter80

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 02:13:55 PM »
actually, i have to correct what i said before. i looked everywhere in my interior except under the rug. and i have not looked on top of my gas tank. i would imagine it would still be there because before i restored my T/A, the car was pretty original with all of the original parts still intact
www.transamplus.com
Rob

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 03:28:20 PM »
Helter... its a 50/50 shot on the tank..... The tank on my T/A has never been removed and last summer I took it down to replace the rubber lines and found no sign of a build sheet. so if your thinking about it... while your there replace your rubber lines..
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline Helter80

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 04:50:04 PM »
Helter... its a 50/50 shot on the tank..... The tank on my T/A has never been removed and last summer I took it down to replace the rubber lines and found no sign of a build sheet. so if your thinking about it... while your there replace your rubber lines..

virgil, i have no intention of dropping my gas tank just for the build sheet  LOL   i will only drop the tank if i have to for something that is really important. well, i guess the build sheet is really important, but what i mean is, i would not do that just to hope i find a build sheet   LOL  then again, maybe i should because if i remember correctly, the last time i was under there in the back, i think the rubber lines going into the tank looked a little dried. i never changed them since i've had the car.
www.transamplus.com
Rob

Offline Crazylock

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 04:50:50 PM »
well, when i got the car the interior was torn down, and it came with no build sheet. no carpet either. i cant look under the gas tank tonight on thr count of i have no jack....i can look tommorow, and im PRAYING that it is there....thanks for the info guys! >:D

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 05:04:57 PM »
i would imagine it would still be there because before i restored my T/A, the car was pretty original with all of the original parts still intact

I imagined that also, as my car was NEW when I bought it and it's never been apart.  Alas, it was ONLY my imagination because there was NOTHING up there.  I haven't pulled out the carpet yet, but I can tell you there weren't any hiding in all the usual locations.  I still blame the jerk doing new car "prep" at Dave Waite Pontiac in 1975 for tossing it.  >:( >:(

Offline Helter80

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 05:16:08 PM »
i would imagine it would still be there because before i restored my T/A, the car was pretty original with all of the original parts still intact

I imagined that also, as my car was NEW when I bought it and it's never been apart.  Alas, it was ONLY my imagination because there was NOTHING up there.  I haven't pulled out the carpet yet, but I can tell you there weren't any hiding in all the usual locations.  I still blame the jerk doing new car "prep" at Dave Waite Pontiac in 1975 for tossing it.  >:( >:(

well, turns out my 2nd cousin was the original owner of my T/A!  its crazy. i never knew it until a few months ago and i've owned the car since 2001.
pure coincidence. i do not think she really abused my car, so i have a feeling there might be a sheet on top of my tank. i probably should drop the tank to change the rubber lines back there.
www.transamplus.com
Rob

Offline Crazylock

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 05:18:19 PM »
haha, i REALY dont wanna drop my tank, ecause everything in my life goes wrong...so ill drop it and it wonr be there, and ill get mad as hell.....but cureosity killed the cat....i cant resist..first thing when i get home tommorow