Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397940 times)

Offline tawidow

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #885 on: December 06, 2012, 07:55:31 AM »
Joe and his group got updates yesterday.  The 12/21 pick up date has been pushed out.  What a surprise.  That professional method of buttering Bob up is really working well.

At some point even the most arrogant of that group will have to admit that nothing will work with Bob except putting him in jail.  No one will get what they paid for so long ago.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #886 on: December 06, 2012, 04:36:18 PM »
TA widow, you know that's what Bob does best, make promises that he can't keep.

My builder suggested that one of the reasons Bob is not married is because it would be easier for him and Erica to get Gov't assistance. Remember, he does not have a bussiness ( no corporation or LLC). He has a special needs child. So put all the things we know about Mr.McElreath and it would not be a reach for him to be on the Gov't Payroll. SS,SSI,welfare, food stamps you name it!

Makes perfect sense to me. Bob the Bandit........that's his MO.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #887 on: December 06, 2012, 09:56:04 PM »
So at least part of that is understandable.  I mean, what would he put down for a profession?  Professional thief or swindler?

I don't think thief is a taxable job unless he went into politics.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #888 on: December 09, 2012, 08:48:29 PM »
Hello All,

I was looking at all the years of cars that Bob usually tries to sell. I looked under reviews just to see what people had to say about certain cars.
 It seems there are ALOT of sellers on Ebay misrepresenting cars there. I'm sure they can't all be Bob but there are alot of BOB-LIKE sellers on Ebay. It also appears that EBAY can do little about it! Ebay's buyer protection program only covers cars 10 years or newer but they don't state that.
 If someone ever started an EBAY-LIKE site that guaranteed accuracy by the seller or your money back they would make a FORTUNE!

Bob's day is coming!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:37:42 AM by Flounder55 »

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #889 on: December 10, 2012, 03:10:43 PM »
thanks
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:06:13 AM by Flounder55 »

Offline Muscle Car Alley

« Reply #890 on: December 12, 2012, 05:37:27 PM »
Its been awhile since i have came to this site, i happen to stumble onto this thread. I did notice the ebay adds awhile back for trans am resto's, and I shook my head knowing it wouldn't last long. Any shop that gives you a to good to be true resto price, RUN and FAST !! This happens over and over again. Folks, there is NO way, EVER you can do a full resto for under 20k...EVER !! Some of you may remember Transformation Restorations, he did the same stuff, and now sits behind bars. I feel bad for the unsuspecting people, but in the end its your duty to do your home work and research these shops, google them, get reference's, check thier shop out. Its cheaper to loose money on a plane ticket or fuel for your car then to re-coupe thousands. The sad part is, these crooks get away with it, for quite awhile with sometimes just a slap on the hand.

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #891 on: December 12, 2012, 08:02:43 PM »
Muscle Car Alley has built some show winning cars that's for sure. Their about 7hrs from me and I think I may just drop off my 77 TA Y82 4spd to get the Tom treatment.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #892 on: December 12, 2012, 10:16:53 PM »
Muscle Car Alley - What did they get Transformations Restorations for?

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #893 on: December 13, 2012, 05:39:52 AM »
What did they get Transformations Restorations for?

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=6108

http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=36235.0

http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=34238.75

"Ryan said that Daugherty provided consumers with written contracts that promised to restore classic year Trans Ams to "like new" condition. Daugherty allegedly accepted considerable down payments, representing one-half of the labor costs in the contract price, and billed the consumers extra for any parts that were needed to restore the vehicle to "like new" condition.

The lawsuit alleges that Daugherty misled consumers about the progress of the repair work on their automobiles by making means that included providing consumers with photographs that supposedly were the consumers' vehicles.  Those pictures falsely showed progress made on the restoration work."

sound familiar??

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:09:31 AM by midyear »
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline Muscle Car Alley

« Reply #894 on: December 13, 2012, 08:11:36 AM »
Its truly sad, most people cannot re-coupe financially from this fraud. I am starting to see this type of scam more and more.

Are checks, wires being sent to the person in question in this thread in his name or company name ?? Also why would anyone pay in full for a service not started or complete ? Thats just nuts !!

Offline Muscle Car Alley

« Reply #895 on: December 13, 2012, 08:14:36 AM »
Muscle Car Alley has built some show winning cars that's for sure. Their about 7hrs from me and I think I may just drop off my 77 TA Y82 4spd to get the Tom treatment.

Thanks !!

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #896 on: December 13, 2012, 08:29:24 AM »
Tom and his crew at MCA did the work on my Y88. HIGHLY recommended PROFESSIONALS!!!!

VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!!!

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #897 on: December 13, 2012, 12:38:26 PM »
MCA, the sad thing IS...it has lasted this long and is on-going! The NC AG has been made aware of what Bob McElreath is doing. Has complaints from numerous victims and STILL has yet to act.

Just recently BAB (BOB) posted a 73 TA on Ebay under the screen name 65classicrods.

The VIN that was given for the car actually belonged to a car he sold 6 months earlier to a guy in Houston Texas. So he is STILL a very real threat and EBAY seems to care less.
 They do little if anything to police their site. Their buyer protection service does not apply to a car older then 2002 ( 10 years or older ) and if you look at the reviews of the 65-66 mustangs,65-67 Chevelles, 70-79 Trans Ams there are numerous entries of people who have been hoodwinked by unscroupulous sellers with little or NO recourse!

Bob is just one of many! I will never ( again) buy a car off of Ebay without personally inspecting the car or paying a professional to do it for me. The risk is just too great not to!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:42:43 PM by Flounder55 »

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #898 on: December 13, 2012, 12:54:29 PM »
Tom (MCA),

The problem is that the public is so greedy for a "great deal" that they refuse to see the writing on the wall...even if its in NEON with people pointing it out to the "customer" and even reading it to them. The deal with BAB is that he promises a "discount" if you pay in full at the end of the "auction". Often, the same car is sold over and over again. As you mentioned, once they figure out they've been taken its a decision they make to either A.) Fight or B.) Put up with the BS in the eventual hopes that they don't lose their initial investment. Bob preys on the fact that most people choose option B so he can continue to operate. And at that point, he has them over a barrel as most people probably can't afford the legal fees, time, or foot the additional shop bills to have another shop correct all the "work" done by Bob.

Those, like Flounder, who choose to fight and retrieve their cars are often disappointed in the "quality" of the build. Again, the writing was on the wall already as cars previously released showed all the flaws, and then some, of the "work" being done by Bob.

Ebay is perpetuating the problem by allowing this guy to change screen names at a whim, listing the exact same cars, and not doing anything to police their own site to avoid the very problems this is creating.

And yes, I agree that 10-15 years ago, a contract was a contract. A man's word was worth something so if he made a promise he darn near killed himself trying to make it right. These days, the almighty $ drives everyone and it seems that if a deadline is missed, if the car isn't as described, its no fault of the shop and the owner can pound salt.

You sir, are an exception to that. Again, many thanks for the work you guys did on my Y88. You bent over backwards on that car and I will continue to send people your way.

- Brian

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #899 on: December 13, 2012, 01:35:13 PM »
Brian, in all fairness there is a segment of the population ( myself included ) that are naive regarding what is entailed in a QUALITY restoration of a Trans Am . I did NOT do my due dligence! That's no ones fault but mine and yes the idea of getting a "break" in the price for full payment did appeal to me. That too was naive of me.

Had I joined this site BEFORE handing over my hard earned $ to Bob the Bandit that would have never happened.

Having said all that still does not negate the fact that Bob McElreath needs to be held accountable for his actions. I keep hearing from authorities that it's a civil matter. There seems to be a big disconnect between what is a civil matter and a criminal action and this needs and should be addressed by some gov't agency.

Sites like this need to be given a thumbs up for not only promoting Trans Ams and the issues that arise through owning/working on them but also keeping John Q aprized of the scam artists like Bob that are lurking on Ebay ( the internet ) just looking for an angle to fleece unsuspect people like myself.