Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 398123 times)

Offline Flounder55

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #1050 on: February 02, 2013, 09:56:12 AM »
Reed, I think your confusing Mr.Eli Smith's car with Joe Godar's car.

The video in the previous pages is of Mr.Smith's car. Joe Godar just got his car YESTERDAY.

Offline solargold

« Reply #1051 on: February 02, 2013, 10:50:56 AM »
That motor sounds good, throaty sound not knocking,  ;)
 I cant believe you guys dog a mans car, if he's happy with it thats all that matters,
I am sure I could find something "not right " with all your cars :-[
Terrible >:(
 Hes driving ;)
You are right. I have no dog in this race and I dont believe the intent is to make these guys feel terrible about their cars though I am sure it is the end result of our words. They received their cars and if they are happy with what they got for what they paid then that is all that matters in their cases. I think the intent of the message is to discredit BAB for the "Quality THEY claim to provide for the money spent when our fellow 78TA forum friends have been screwed out of their hard earned money without any apologies or recourse. I dont speak for everyone here, JMHO
L8R G8R

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1052 on: February 02, 2013, 11:07:12 AM »
Solar, I could not have said it better. No ill will towards the owners what so ever. If they are happy, that is a wonderful thing!

Please understand though that everything is relative. It depends on your level of knowledge and experience as to how happy you are with a BAB build.

I'm sure some of you would be very upset with the results while someone who has never had a 77-78 TA would be thrilled to own the same car.

The Malice is towards BAB ,not the car owner.

Offline BlackTransAm

« Reply #1053 on: February 03, 2013, 10:21:04 AM »
Nice car, I love the combination 78 Nose 79 wheel Flares, My kid liked the 79 nose the best, I think it looks like pig nose :-X
but I always Liked the Pontiac "beak" look on the 77-78. The 79-81 wheel flares I think look tougher and give these F bodies a more
muscle car look. I have to say If I ever build/buy one for my "wife" ;) it would have that combo with Hurst T-tops.
 I am partial to the Hurst,had one, and I think the wider roof line gives a"tougher" look over the Fisher Ts especially when off.
 I also like the 81 SE fuel door, I think the 79-81 "a**" :o  end were a little drab especially compared to the earlier years,
A TA is flashy and should be all the way around,  they made the same mistake on some  Vettes, 83ish with boring butts also
 I dont like a daily driver cammed up , but thats just me, maybe I'm slowing down and am getting to be more show
and less go ;D If I wanted a fast car from the 70s it would be a built up Chevy Monza, had one of those too.
 GM designers came up with an awesome body style that has stood the test of time , but there's room for
improvements as this car shows.
 Looks good he sounds happy with it and hope he enjoys driving it this summer , while others are in parts piles :)

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1054 on: February 03, 2013, 12:35:02 PM »
Joe has taken all the comments off his Build-A-Bandit.com site.

I hope at some point soon he allows people to post on there or he gets rid of it altogether.  As it sits right now, it's just a tribute to a criminal.  It doesn't warn anyone about what awaits them if they fall for Bob's lies.

Offline N PRGRES

• Adv. Member
« Reply #1055 on: February 04, 2013, 07:34:23 PM »
Nice car, I love the combination 78 Nose 79 wheel Flares, My kid liked the 79 nose the best, I think it looks like pig nose :-X
but I always Liked the Pontiac "beak" look on the 77-78. The 79-81 wheel flares I think look tougher and give these F bodies a more
muscle car look. I have to say If I ever build/buy one for my "wife" ;) it would have that combo with Hurst T-tops.
 I am partial to the Hurst,had one, and I think the wider roof line gives a"tougher" look over the Fisher Ts especially when off.
 I also like the 81 SE fuel door, I think the 79-81 "a**" :o  end were a little drab especially compared to the earlier years,
A TA is flashy and should be all the way around,  they made the same mistake on some  Vettes, 83ish with boring butts also
 I dont like a daily driver cammed up , but thats just me, maybe I'm slowing down and am getting to be more show
and less go ;D If I wanted a fast car from the 70s it would be a built up Chevy Monza, had one of those too.
 GM designers came up with an awesome body style that has stood the test of time , but there's room for
improvements as this car shows.
 Looks good he sounds happy with it and hope he enjoys driving it this summer , while others are in parts piles :)
the bird on the fuel door was on all trans ams in 81. Not just the se
Dave
_______
1981 Trans Am - Refresh in progress

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1056 on: February 05, 2013, 09:46:28 PM »
Is it possible for Bob to sink to a new low?  I didn't think so, but I'll admit that I was wrong.

He decided to impersonate me on ripoffreports.com :
http://www.ripoffreport.com/bob-mcelreath/auto-dealers/black-mountain-fairview-nort-2f819.htm

First he claimed on Joe's site - which is still only broadcasting half-truths and outright lies - that I needed a "good stiff one"

Now he is impersonating me and saying that I want to go to dinner with him and more. 

Anyone with a car at his shop needs to get it now.  He is folding fast.  These are the acts of a desperate and pathetic little man.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #1057 on: February 05, 2013, 11:33:39 PM »
Omg I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't read it . How the heck did Bob manage to post a comment with your name on the heading ?
So now your going out to dinner together , I'd love to be a fly on the wall if that happened lol!

Ok I understand how he posted with your name now , he used a space between TA and widow . That must have  looked like a new name to the site software .
You have to give him credit though for stooping to a new low though , wow !
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:39:30 PM by RainMan »

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #1058 on: February 06, 2013, 12:59:21 AM »
WOW! WHAT A PIECE O SH*T!
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #1059 on: February 06, 2013, 07:18:20 AM »
TAWIDOW, Did you get your lawsuit filed? The quicker you file the faster Bob has to start wasting money on an attorney to deffend himself!

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1060 on: February 06, 2013, 07:40:14 AM »
That is insane.  Isn't it against the law to do something like that?  And people on here are really trying to say we are beating a dead horse. 
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1061 on: February 06, 2013, 08:18:49 AM »
AS I said the horse is not dead just plowing the same row! If this does not show how desparate this guy is I don't know what does!

I posted a rebuttal underneath TA Widow's rebuttal but in hindsight I should wrote a caption that read Bob, the ( female) impersonator!

Bet that would have gotten a rise out of him!

Offline BlackTransAm

« Reply #1062 on: February 06, 2013, 09:19:18 AM »
I came across this guy a 3 or 4 years ago, he had a TA on criagslist in NC, my dad lived there so I was looking around
after I got in touch with him on the phone it started growing the cost what he had what was done
I smelled something fishy then, and never talked to him again

Offline BARRACUDA1968

« Reply #1063 on: February 06, 2013, 10:55:53 AM »
I haven't read this entire thread but just bits and pieces.  I had NO doubt this guy is bad news but after reading that link I think he needs a little lesson in respect.  The content of the widow comment in his reply anger's me. >:( >:(
1978 Trans Am
Butler Performance 461
Built Trans with 3000 stall
Pro Touring suspension
17" Year One Rims

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1064 on: February 06, 2013, 01:20:22 PM »
An actual e-mail from Bob this morning.  It reads:

George Payne finally won.  He cause enough of civil action to put me into forced bankruptcy.  Not voluntary.  Shop cannot be open, sale, build, operate or deliver any vehicle in the US.  You can file civil action as course of action, but everything is taken.  Have no way to stop it.  I’ve been legally advised this is legal what’s being forced on me as a sole operator/owner and only one liable.

Bob