Author Topic: 6th Annual All Firebird Lawn Show, my thoughts and pics.  (Read 3536 times)

Offline blue81ta

6th Annual All Firebird Lawn Show, my thoughts and pics.
« on: July 06, 2008, 01:42:02 PM »
Well the weather Gods smiled on us for the show. Although some of the folks in southern NY, Conn, Mass and NJ, RI, who planned to come to the show weren't so lucky. :'( Sorry...hope to see you next year. :D But for the Bird lovers who could make it was a great show. :) A new show record was set...139 Firebirds came to Saratoga. :) With the cost of gas and the lousy weather down south, I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised. :)

On the way up to the show shortly after I got on I87 I saw 3 huge buses in my rear view mirror. Could it be the boys from Rush?? They were playing at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center Saturday night, so I figured it was. Yup it was... me and the boys had a nice little convoy going up to Saratoga. SPAC is right next door to the Saratoga Auto Museum so the buses went right by the show field. I was hoping the boys might join us at the show but no. But, SPAC is an open amphitheatre so we were treated to the sounds of Rush during the afternoon sound check. :) Looking at the nice Firebirds with Rush's music in the background...not bad. :)

I got to meet some forum members at the show, Harry-hdebo and Tony-S76GUY. Glad to meet you guys. :) And say hello again to John-TA78. Congrats to them on the awards they won. Harry- a sponsor award and a Special Athlete Ribbon, John-2nd place in 77-81 class and Tony- Best of show. I know xtrme_ta was there without his T/A(weather victim) but I didn't see him. :(. Thanks gents for coming to the show.

Best of all alot of money was raised for Special Olympics Saratoga, the athletes had a great time and Firebird lovers got to hang out on a nice sunny day.  :) Can't ask for more than that.

Thanks to everyone who showed up and for being very generous to a great cause. :)

Some pics.

My Baby:

This is my friend Steve's 79 T/A 400 4spd. Take a good look at it because you might not see it again. He bought it new and it has 10,690 original miles on it. :o After years of asking him to the show, I still can't believe he showed up. :)

George Berg's 73 Formula:

A 79 Redbird... the true definition of sleeper.

Keith
1981 Trans Am

My safe haven from all of life's bs

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
Re: 6th Annual All Firebird Lawn Show, my thoughts and pics.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 02:45:46 PM »
You realize, of course, that this is revving us all up for the Nationals... 8) 8)

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post these!  Great job! :) :)

Offline hdebo

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 03:02:53 PM »
Keith it was an amazing show and had a great time. It was a pleasure meeting you and all the other owners and dont forget the athletes. The show was so good I would do the whole drive again through the rain  and I am looking forward to next year. Great job and great to hear alot of money was raised. Looking forward to seeing you guys again and chatting it up here.
Harry

"A Camaro looks like it can kick your a**,  A Trans Am looks like it's coming over to do it"

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 03:19:13 PM »
Thanks for the pictures Keith, from everything you guys have said, it was a bang up show!
Rich

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 03:44:41 PM »
Harry... Nice to meet you. Wish I could have talked with you more. Thanks for the kind words. See you next year.

Rick... Anything for my fellow 78ta members. :) Have a great time at the Nats. 8)

Rich...Maybe sometime you could plan your vacation in Conn around the time of the show and stop by to say hello. We'd love to have you. :)
Keith
1981 Trans Am

Offline 78TransAm

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 11:08:07 PM »
Man that just looks like a super super nice show!
Warner Robins, GA

1978 Trans Am
1974 Trans Am

Offline Trans am Oz

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 03:32:11 AM »
Gotta love all those beautiful Birds

great pics..feel free to add more :)

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 07:13:02 PM »
More pics...sure. :) These pics I took Friday night at the All Firebird Cruise- In that started at the Saratoga Auto Museum and ended at Mr. Ed's. All these Birds were at the show on Saturday.

The Museum...the former Saratoga Mineral Water Bottling Plant.

This is my daily driver...2001 Firebird.

This should get Hammer's attention.

Keith
1981 Trans Am

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 08:17:08 PM »
This truly was a breathtaking collection of 'birds!  Thanks for taking the pics and posting them! :) :)

Offline Trans am Oz

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 02:56:05 AM »
Very Cool 8)

thanks mate ;D