Author Topic: Blue Ray Digital back up ??  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
Blue Ray Digital back up ??
« on: March 15, 2009, 12:04:26 PM »
I recently bought a blue ray dvd that came with a digital copy backup. has anyone played around with these?

Are they a 1 time download to burned to a disk? A limited time offer to download?

The one Im talking about is The Dark Knight 2 disk Edition Blu-Ray...
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Re: Blue Ray Digital back up ??
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 06:06:36 PM »
From my experience, the Digital Copy is something that can be copied down to your PC for viewing.  It just copies down the movie and not all of the menu and bonus features.  Then from there, you can watch it on your PC or even convert it to watch on your PSP, or Xbox, or MP3 player, or a variety of systems and formats.  So, basically, the digital copy just brings it down to your PC so you can watch it on there.  I have the Dark Knight, Wanted, and Hitman all on Digital Copy on my laptop so I can watch them anytime on the road without having to bring the DVD along.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 06:11:18 PM »
thats what I was thinking but say if the pc hard drive faults can you reuse the digital copy code to reload is my question, or is it a one time activation and download?
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 08:03:51 PM »
I do know you do have to activate it, but I don't know if you can do it multiple times.  Haven't tried it yet.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline milly

• Adv. Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 11:07:28 PM »
I have Alien vs. Preditor Requiem and the new X-Files movie on blu-ray with digital copy. I loaded them onto the computer and the instructions are vague as to if you can load it more than once. Both of mine asked if the movie was to be loaded to the PC or to an I-pod. I don't know why it would matter since you are supposed to be able to copy it from the PC to an I-pod. I would think that as long as you have your "key code" it would be ok.
John
1981 Trans Am
1996 Firebird

Central Illinois Firebirds
Ohio Firebirds

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 09:37:10 AM »
I've not messed with it but I would think that once it is on the PC you should be able to copy it to another drive or burn it to a DVD for backup.
Rich

Offline milly

• Adv. Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 09:29:20 PM »
I tried to copy one of them to a disk, but my disks aren't big enough. I need to get some DVD disks. Mine are all CD and only 650mb.
John
1981 Trans Am
1996 Firebird

Central Illinois Firebirds
Ohio Firebirds