Author Topic: Hurst t top Tops  (Read 2900 times)

Offline Shaggyduoo

Hurst t top Tops
« on: October 20, 2015, 10:37:23 PM »
I have a 78 base firebird with hurst tops and it looks like some one in the past tried to pry them off there is small dents on the corner outside trim I know you can take the trim off of fisher tops is it the same with hurst tops

Offline Dogma

Re: Hurst t top Tops
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 06:28:53 PM »
Are they truly hurst? I had what I thought was hurst but turned out to be aftermarket. Google difference in hurst and cars and concept tops. Only difference is one inch. I ended up cutting my cars and concept roof off and welded a fisher top roof on.

Offline Dogma

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 06:30:44 PM »
But to answer your question is no. Fisher is a lot bigger. If you Oder hurst trim and turns out it's a cars and concept roof trim will not work and I highly doubt you will find any cars and concept parts

Offline Transatrom

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 06:02:03 PM »
Dogma,

I'm interested in your slaving in a T-top roof.  How difficult was it to do or did you have a professional shop do it?

v/r
Dave

Offline Dogma

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 07:01:14 PM »
I did it and wasn't so bad. After done I took the car to a paint shop and he said he's had guys work for him for 15 years and didn't do as good as a job. I was happy. I simply took a bad saw and cut right under the front pillars (so I wouldn't have to bondo after welding it in) and saw sall the back pillars. After placing the new roof I had a pretty good gap so I put filler piece metal in and just welded and grinded until close and bondo until looked right

Offline Dogma

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 07:01:44 PM »
Band saw*

Offline Shaggyduoo

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 07:02:57 PM »
Ummmm do I panic now or later throw my hands up and do the e.t scream I looked I don't have hurst tops I have American hatch tops are those crazy rare where do I finds parts and do I treat my tops like gold what do I doooooo

Offline Dogma

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 07:05:06 PM »
Cut roof off and go with fisher. Parts are cheaper seals are cheaper ect... Just have to find a donor car....

Offline Dogma

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 07:06:48 PM »
I got "lucky" one of my tops flew off while hauling it and when I went to order another I found all what I told you myself. When you said 78 with hurst I had american tops

Offline Dogma

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 07:07:15 PM »
*i had a feeling

Offline Dogma

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 07:19:31 PM »