Author Topic: Garbage Floormats vs Great ones....Learn from my mistake...Photos Included..  (Read 2695 times)

Offline meltdown

Hello All,

Again, I fell for Trim Parts advertisements. This time about their floormats.
They arrived & they were....how do I put this in a family oriented way......HORRIBLE!
So I ordered Llloyds Mats...They were ONLY $17 MORE!

Look at the images & see the difference:

Hope this helps some....AVOID TRIM PARTS!!
Remember....No matter where you go....There you are.

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
They are much better shape and colour too, similar to the factory rubber mat shape that they shaped to suit either side. Not sure why they put retainer holes on one side only or at all.
You have an intriguing custom interior, from kick panels to pedals, colour coded vents etc. Are your accelerator pedal and park brake not hooked up?

Offline meltdown

Hi Aus!

The trim parts carpets are a VERY light gray. The Lloyds is a far better match with the ACC carpet. Not to mention, the Lloyds fit allot better.

I dyed everything to be white & gray in the interior.
The dash was dyed white with SEM vinyl dye.
All vents were prepped & dyed gray. The seats are white Procar (Scat) seats, & the carpet is Gray by ACC.
The kick panels are Retro-Sound kicks with 4x6 speakers I installed. They arrived black, but I dyed the white/gray to match everything else.

As for the pedals, the emergency brake pedal is dead. It is attached to nothing. When I bought the car, the entire emergency brake cable was removed. I never replaced it. I just park it level & in gear.

This car was originally an automatic trans.  It was changed to a Borg Warner 4 speed before I bought it. The pedals are as I bought them....screwed up!  ;D After all these years, I have gotten used to them. Everything works as it should...no issues.

Here is a better view:

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
They are much better shape and colour too, similar to the factory rubber mat shape that they shaped to suit either side. Not sure why they put retainer holes on one side only or at all.
You have an intriguing custom interior, from kick panels to pedals, colour coded vents etc. Are your accelerator pedal and park brake not hooked up?

The retainer hole in on drivers side only, since all he lawsuits it hold the mat from curling up by the gas pedal.  Me I'm a rubber mat guy.   
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
They aren't catering for their RHD customers!

Offline meltdown

LOL...Aus ya should write them!