Author Topic: Carb to EFI swap  (Read 1189 times)

Offline AgentM

Carb to EFI swap
« on: February 19, 2018, 01:40:59 PM »
Hello, I am not big into using these forums, but I do like the advice.
First off, I have a 1983 Trans Am as I was a big fan of Smokey and the Bandit and I think the 3rd one is cheesy but Jerry Reed and Collen Camp made that movie good.
Anywho, I have a Trans Am with a Carbureted 305, pretty gutless. A friend of mine who does a lot of customs and old rods stripped down a 90s suburban and sold me the engine, computer etc. We are looking to do a swap this spring when I return from the Army. She's stock, plain jane car.
Any advice to get us started or anything anyone else ran into that we should consider?

Thanks in advance ...

Offline F-body International

Re: Carb to EFI swap
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 06:12:44 PM »
Hello, I am not big into using these forums, but I do like the advice.
First off, I have a 1983 Trans Am as I was a big fan of Smokey and the Bandit and I think the 3rd one is cheesy but Jerry Reed and Collen Camp made that movie good.
Anywho, I have a Trans Am with a Carbureted 305, pretty gutless. A friend of mine who does a lot of customs and old rods stripped down a 90s suburban and sold me the engine, computer etc. We are looking to do a swap this spring when I return from the Army. She's stock, plain jane car.
Any advice to get us started or anything anyone else ran into that we should consider?

Thanks in advance ...

What system are you going with for efi?

I'd say, make your exhaust system is 100% free of any exhaust leaks and have all fresh vacuum lines to start.