Author Topic: Yes an OIL PRESSURE ISSUE with VIDEO******  (Read 2215 times)

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Re: Yes an OIL PRESSURE ISSUE with VIDEO******
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 01:35:12 PM »
The temp sender is the same.  It's self sealing.  Don't use anything on the threads.

A bouncing oil gauge is most likely the sender.....but I like to test the gauges because hope springs eternal.  I'd rather check the gauge first because I'd rather not crawl under the car unless I have to.  And, I know how to test the gauges.

Offline 72StreetBird

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 12:38:18 AM »
Gunner,  sounds like a bad ground to the gauge panel. I verified my bad ground by wrapping a piece of wire around the knob for the clock and the tilt wheel lever providing a good ground for the gauges.
Harry 72 Firebird, 78 Trans Am W72 WS6
PRO Edelbrock Fastest Street Car Series 15 second index winner 2003, 2004 Cordova, Il

Offline Gunner

• Adv. Member
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 08:22:41 AM »
Gunner,  sounds like a bad ground to the gauge panel. I verified my bad ground by wrapping a piece of wire around the knob for the clock and the tilt wheel lever providing a good ground for the gauges.

HUH! I'll be darned. I'll give that a try when I get home. Thanks for the heads up!

Gunner
Better Living Through Superior Firepower

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 10:24:42 AM »
That circuit doesn't ground that way.  There's two ground wires from the IP harness that provide ground to the cluster lights and gauges.  The cluster housing itself doesn't have a ground.  You must have had a bad ground wire from the IP harness.  However, if the oil pressure gauge wasn't grounded, I don't believe it would register at all.