Author Topic: Hello! and Help!!!  (Read 511 times)

Offline 1976-Y82

Hello! and Help!!!
« on: September 11, 2012, 01:44:49 AM »
Hi all. First let me start off by saying what great and invaluable tool this website is, glad to be a member. I have a problem but I dont know the magnitude of it and I wanted to get some opinions from fellow T/A owners. So I bought my first 2nd gen 1976 T/A this past weekend and it happens to be a real Y82 car. I got the original invoice from PHS and it shows the special edition package on it. The seller told me that the engine was not the original one because his son had blown up it up and the motor had been replaced with another 400. Well, the car is running rough and has been sitting for about 3 years (tags and inspection are from 2009). I started looking around the engine compartment for broken vacuum hoses bad plug wires, arcing...etc. I decide to look at the heads to see what type they are and to my surprise i have one 4x on the driver side and a 6x on the passenger side!!! I have looked at the specs for both of these heads and have found that the valves are different sizes. Will this engine ever run correctly this way???? I have also found connectors and vacuum hoses that do no connect to anything. Can anyone suggest what their next move would be in a situation like this?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:47:21 AM by 1976-Y82 »

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Hello! and Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 01:56:40 AM »
Well unless one head has been worked to match the other it's going to run funny, I would recommend getting matching heads, then from there start hooking up vacuum lines, and it will depend if you want a factory correct resto, or a cleaned up resto
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....