Author Topic: 77 door handle tape  (Read 2122 times)

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
Re: 77 door handle tape
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 05:53:50 PM »
ok i do not have the deluxe outside package ( have the small bead in window felt) would the tape be appropreate to assume i didnt have it then?
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 06:59:44 PM »
ok i do not have the deluxe outside package ( have the small bead in window felt) would the tape be appropreate to assume i didnt have it then?
No, you could get the door handle tape without the deluxe exterior trim.

Offline John Witzke

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 10:34:40 PM »
We ordered our 1977 Trans Am new.  Custom interior group, roof drip moldings only, it came from the factory with door handle tape.
John Witzke

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 12:22:52 AM »
I'm going to use it on mine,  just because I think the handles look unfinished without the tape. 
77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 07:27:51 AM »
so do i but im seeking opinions.

so if you guys were me and have no idea thanks to mr missing build sheet, would you run with the tape or not?

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 09:22:07 AM »
I would install the tape.  In fact, I don't recall ordering the door handle tape specifically.  I did order deluxe interior and the light group.  And, like John above, my car came with drip guards and the door handle tape.  But it's been a lot of years since that rainy November day in 1977....so I can't say for sure that I wasn't asked about door handle tape...but I don't think I was.  But from what I recall about those times, it seems to me that more cars had the door tape than didn't.  Usually, when a door handle was replaced it didn't have the tape.

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 05:49:47 PM »
I would install the tape.  In fact, I don't recall ordering the door handle tape specifically.  I did order deluxe interior and the light group.  And, like John above, my car came with drip guards and the door handle tape.  But it's been a lot of years since that rainy November day in 1977....so I can't say for sure that I wasn't asked about door handle tape...but I don't think I was.  But from what I recall about those times, it seems to me that more cars had the door tape than didn't.  Usually, when a door handle was replaced it didn't have the tape.

dealers probablly didnt ask so they could get just a little bit more out of your pockets ?
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 09:07:05 PM »
good enough. i think since there is no solid arguement that it didnt come with the door tape providing no build sheet, i'd say im safe to run with it.

thanks for your guy's imput on this.