Author Topic: 78 formula w/403 hurst t-tops  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Karl0010

78 formula w/403 hurst t-tops
« on: March 30, 2014, 01:20:31 AM »
This is my first time on and I need some assistance with my late uncles car I inherited.

I have a 78' formula w/ the olds 403(CA edition I believe).  The car is original with matching numbers and has had a new paint job(unsure of when).  The motor has 79k original miles, with 600 since I did a rebuild on it in December 2013.  It has the Hurst t-tops that are in good working condition(no leaks).

My uncle was the original owner who bought the car in December of 1977.  It has been garage kept in Costa Mesa and has VERY LITTLE rust.  The body is almost perfectly straight, with minor imperfections.  The interior has a new headliner, but the driver seat has a large split in the vinyl.  The carpet is in great shape, but the dash has a minor warp(barely visible).

I need to sell this since my family is growing and holding on to the car is not feaseable.  Any help with its value would be appreciated.  It was his baby, and I'd like to find it a new home where it will be treated the same.  Thank for the assistance in advance! 

Andrew

Offline JupiterBandit

Re: 78 formula w/403 hurst t-tops
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 09:50:08 AM »
You should put pictures up.

Open an account with Photobucket.com (It's Free) Takes 2 seconds.
Upload your pics to photobucket.
In photobucket click the settings icon in the corner of the picture and select LINKS.
Copy the direct image link

Then in our forum you can select the insert image icon under the BOLD icon.

Paste the link from photobucket in between the IMG brackets.

and then you are done.

As for the value of your formula. You can search craigslist, you can search Ebay ads, and classic car trader.com

Those places will give you an accurate idea of what they are going for.