Author Topic: wanted to buy  (Read 5863 times)

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
wanted to buy
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 10:50:01 AM »
That's a really crummy picture of the wire.  The thing you need to make sure of is that the connectors are intact.  Same with the rear window.  It should have a ground wire and a wire that attaches to the purple wire.  And the ground wire that comes out of the window has a connector that attaches to the wire with the metal loop that attaches to the body.  So, if the window doesn't have that short piece of ground wire already attached to the window wire, you'll need that too.

The other thing you're going to have to be careful of is the switch.  You've got the old style wiring and if you put a new switch in the car without changing a couple of wires in the connector slot, you'll blow the switch.  Make sure you read Joe Bay's information on this.

Offline Eagle 1

wanted to buy
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 03:58:22 PM »
The other thing you're going to have to be careful of is the switch. You've got the old style wiring and if you put a new switch in the car without changing a couple of wires in the connector slot, you'll blow the switch. Make sure you read Joe Bay's information on this.

I probably need to check that out too.  The switch I was going to use came out of my sons 81 ta.
" He done good didnt he Fred?"
"I'm in pursuit of a black Trans Am. He's all mine so stay outta the way."

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
wanted to buy
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 10:44:04 PM »
Eagle1, that switch is OK for your car.  They changed the switch during the 1977 model year.  You've got the new style.

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://home.comcast.net/~rwhitejr/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
wanted to buy
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 11:10:51 PM »
Quote from: "ta78w72"
The other thing you're going to have to be careful of is the switch.  You've got the old style wiring and if you put a new switch in the car without changing a couple of wires in the connector slot, you'll blow the switch.  Make sure you read Joe Bay's information on this.

Russ, I have both style switches. Luckily I can use the older switch with my 76 harness. If either of the old style switches are bad I can move the wires in the plug and then use the newer style switch.

HUNTING THE RELAY??? ANYONE???
What's she wearing now? Come on!
1976 Black 455 4 speed (current project)
1976 White 400 Auto (original)
F-body stuff stashed everywhere.
Always buying/selling/trading  just ask!

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
wanted to buy
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2007, 08:58:37 PM »
STARTING MARCH 7TH ILL KNOW WHAT I HAVE... I SHOULD INVITE YOU DOWN TO RUMMAGE THROUGH THINGS :D
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
wanted to buy
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2007, 11:07:47 PM »
Quote from: "eroc022"
STARTING MARCH 7TH ILL KNOW WHAT I HAVE... I SHOULD INVITE YOU DOWN TO RUMMAGE THROUGH THINGS :D

Hey, Sounds good. I'm off the 10th and 11th. I can make the trip down to see you. You still have my number?? My Outlook has crashed vomited and spewed inside my computer so I lost most of my contacts or I'd call you. Anyway, let me know if you need my number again.

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
Re: wanted to buy
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 08:52:57 AM »
I really appreciate all the help with this defog setup. I now have all the pieces thanks to eroc22 and can officailly mark one more item off my list. Russ, thanks for the link to Joe's. His illustration and detail is fantastic. Once I collected all the pieces, re-read your posts and then went to Joe's page it all clicked and made perfect sense.

Thanks to everyone I now have every single item to install power windows, power locks, rear defog, power trunk release, under dash deluxe lamps and the trunk light. Everything will appear factory original. I have the original am/fm with console mounted 8 track player, uncut speaker wire, the front speaker with bracket and the rear speaker with the cardboard enclosure and clip. I've got the seat belt warning clips and a near mint 4 speed shift knob.

Next on the list will be having my dash recovered, finding a good, sturdy 4 speed console to have redone and finding a set of lower door panels. Thanks to Brett I have all the interior stuff like seat covers, door panels, package tray, kick panels front and rear, screw kit, seat belt guides, water shields, etc. As far as I can tell the only item really holding me back on the interior is the lower door panels and I really want to hold out for a white set so I dont have to dye them.

Finished with the trunk too. Have a perfect complete jack setup, stud and wingnut to mount the jack under the package tray, RED air inflator bottle, cherry space-saver spare, j hook and wing nut, really nice original trunk mat and the trunk light.

We covered a lot of ground this winter!

Thanks!