Author Topic: Wires help needed  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Peter Panov

Wires help needed
« on: October 28, 2014, 05:51:08 AM »
Hello everybody,
I am from Bulgaria(Europe) and I am restoring 1978 Solar Gold Trans Am. I am doing final check of the electrical system behind the dashboard before installing it. I managed to figure out most of the couplings, but there are some that I do not know what is their purpose.
I will really appreciate if you can help me figure out the purpose of the coupling and the wires below:

1. This wire has a very small fuse and from pink it gets pink with black tracer - is this for the original radio?

2. This is a very long cable - dark and light blue - I wonder whether it is for the power door locks?

3. This cable comes from the heater wires on the back window from the drivers side. Where it should go? I have a similar cable that comes from the back window heater that is grounded to the body with a screw.

4. I guess this is for the left hand door swith? Is that correct?

5. Orange and brown - is this for the clock?

6. Two brown cables - only one outlet. What is their purpose?

7. Single black cable. What is its purpose

8. The last one is in the engine bay. Initially it comes white and then it becomes pink or red - the only thing I know about it is that it is not the tach wire that goes to the relay next to the distributor.

URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/moparfomocogm/media/IMG_20141022_171431_zps278d39b2.jpg.html][/URL]

Thank you very much.
Regards,
Peter

Offline Joeyinal

• WS6 SE
Re: Wires help needed
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 08:06:05 PM »
Pretty sure the light and dark blue is for the rear speakers on one side. And orange brown i think is the cigarette lighter. Will check my wiring diagram tomorow

Offline Peter Panov

Re: Wires help needed
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 03:47:54 PM »
Thank you Joeyinal,
I already managed to figure out the purpose of all cables. :)
Orange brown turned to be for a digital clock option or something like that.
Best regards,
Peter