Author Topic: Prices on parts  (Read 2469 times)

Offline Smeezor

Prices on parts
« on: June 15, 2006, 09:12:15 AM »
So I'm going about trying to get my hands on parts because it's probably going to take a while to get the stuff I need, and I wanted to check with some of the more experienced people here before I just went to ebay buying reporduction interior parts.  

How much can I expect to pay for PUI door panels? It looks like i can get PUI panels in whatever color I want from a guy off ebay for 325 shipped no tax.  

I ordered and received interior soundproofing material from a store, it all seems to fit except the area around the rear seats is kind of tight, not that it will matter with carpet and seats in it.  The stuff seemed like good quality, very thick and heavy, at least my dad thought so.  This is the store
http://stores.ebay.com/sandsclassics_FIREBIRD-TRANS-AM-70-TO-81_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ8QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Tell me if they are murdering people on prices, but from what I can tell they seem pretty reasonable.  A lot of places seem to have stuff for cheaper but I have no idea how much shipping a giant package around costs, lots I'm sure.

Here are some more things I'm planning on getting.
Battery Tray - 35
Rocker Panel Moldings - 90
Both of those prices are including shipping and I live in another state so no tax.  
If someone could just holler and let me know if i'm paying twice as much as I should I would really appreciate it
Thanks men,

Offline Solar78

Prices on parts
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 10:12:22 AM »
Hey there Smeezor,
I too am going through the same process right now.. trying to gather up all the interior parts i need before gutting my car.

These guys pointed me in the direction of Ames for my battery tray. Its a perfect fit.. and you can order the tray and hold down portions as well.

Door panels are touchy.. but you can get a nice set on ebay for about $200 bucks.. out of an orginal car... I don't know about repos at all... but I imagine Performance Years, Classic Industries and Ames all have them.

I have never purchased from S&S on ebay.. I need to buy a weatherstrip kit and have been debating on where to purchase it as well... I think "you get what you pay for" is something I will probably abide by while restoring my car....
"Yeah, thanks. Took the restrictor plate off to give the Red Dragon a little more juice. But it's not exactly street legal, so keep it on the down low"

Offline transam151

Prices on parts
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 04:04:05 PM »
Be careful buying used parts like door panels...they're notorious for having been removed improperly and if that's the case they'll never secure properly to the door. You're honestly better off to buy new, their color is more true (unfaded), the trim is clean and the back of the panels will accept the clips better...

Offline HughJass

• Geoff
Prices on parts
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 08:24:56 PM »
Check with Brett, he had deluxe door panels for $299 which was cheaper than anyone else around, and I figured he could use the business anyway.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

79 W72 WS6,  work in progress - nicknamed Lucy