Author Topic: Door Wires  (Read 1805 times)

Offline rusty81

Door Wires
« on: October 16, 2007, 09:58:45 AM »
I'm looking at the wire harness that goes into my door and I can't figure out what two of the wires are for.  I have the plug that connects to the lock, a plug for the window, and then there are two more wires with no plug.  Anyone know what these two wires would be for? 

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
Re: Door Wires
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 10:46:18 AM »
What color are they? Has there ever been a speaker mounted in the door?
Larry

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 10:54:21 AM »
You really need to list the colors of the wires.  You need a connector to the power window motor, one to the door lock switch, plus a black ground wire that attaches to the driver door for the power locks to work, and a connector to the power lock solenoid.

Offline rusty81

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 11:07:27 AM »
No speakers in the doors.  They are blue and black.  Should there be three plugs on the harness coming into the door?  I have the window plug.  And the door lock plug with the ground, so I'm guessing that these wires must have went to the power lock solenoid.  Is this plug hard to get to?  I'm trying to figure out why it would have been cut.
Thanks

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 11:47:31 AM »
Light blue and black are the solenoid wires.  You need the entire lock harness on the drivers side as it's all one unit.  Or, you could add length to those wires and add a female blade connector on the ends of a size that would slip onto the solenoid terminals.  Test the system first with jumpers before you do anything else to make sure the circuit works.

The problem with getting a new harness is getting the connectors through the boot.  I assume the factory got the boots with the wires already inserted.  They must have installed the connector on the end of the wires after the wires were pulled through the boot, or used some sort of jig to stretch open the end on the boot.  You may also have to pull the drivers side kick panel to gain access to where the connector attaches to the rest of the circuit.

You can buy the harnesses in the boot on Ebay too.  I've got enough parts to do two cars with power windows and door locks.