Poll

Will you be attending the Open House?

Yes
7 (21.2%)
No
26 (78.8%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: July 25, 2006, 11:53:35 AM

Author Topic: Trans Am Open House/Caravan  (Read 31762 times)

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Trans Am Open House/Caravan
« on: July 24, 2006, 11:53:35 AM »
Trans Am Specialties and 78ta.com Open House

Thursday Night, August 24th 6:00pm til 11:00pm

Here is the Offical Notice of the Trans Am Specialties open house on Thursday Night, August 24th.  We will be having an open house/cook-out/Carvan that night.  Bring your cars and your appetite to this event.  This will be a fun time to get together with other Trans Am owners from the East Coast and chat about their cars.  We will be doing a cook-out with hamburgers and hotdogs and the World Famous Jelly Meatballs from Tin Indians. Then the best part, the next morning we will all caravan down to the Trans Am Nationals that Friday morning.  Right now, I have about 13 Trans Am from my Ohio Firebirds Club that will be heading down to the Nationals that Friday morning at 8:30am.  Imagine if we could get another 13 cars or more from the Eastern Seaboard to go as well.

We had mentioned this briefly before, but now is the Official invitation to come by and check out other Trans Ams, enjoy Jelly Meatballs, and have one hell of a caravan down to the Nationals.  I need to know how many people are interested in doing this.  Please respond to this message with a yes or a no if you will be able to attend. I have plenty of hotels within a two miles radius of my shop so there will be plenty of places to stay for the night and head down the next morning.  Please let me know by posting to this forum so that I can plan on how many cars will be attending.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Eagle 1

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 12:17:40 PM »
I would love to make it, but thats a little to far.  Besides the car is a work in progress right now.  
Maybe next year.
" He done good didnt he Fred?"
"I'm in pursuit of a black Trans Am. He's all mine so stay outta the way."

Offline Ta2dbandit

• http://www.ta2dbandit.com (not in use yet)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 12:56:23 PM »
I will not be at the Cookout Thurday night, but will be joining the caravan once it hits Columbus on Friday.

Sometimes your the windshield. Sometimes your the BUG!

Offline TAluvr

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 01:00:15 PM »
Sorry would love to attend, wish the Phoenix, Arizona Trans Am guys would put something like this together, but Ive never seen any Trans Am events here, did go to a Pontiac Show once which was cool, there were alot of TA's there but none said they had ever heard of a Trans Am/Firebird event/club in Arizona.  :cry:

Offline Solar78

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 01:22:33 PM »
Hate to miss it.. but maybe next year since my car isn't yet ready for "up the block" nevermind trek to Ohio.. hahaha
Have fun and more important POST PICTURES!!
"Yeah, thanks. Took the restrictor plate off to give the Red Dragon a little more juice. But it's not exactly street legal, so keep it on the down low"

Offline wedge

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 01:25:21 PM »
sorry, that's a little to far for me!  live down here in dothan alabama!

Offline fb_rider

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 01:40:05 PM »
Well, like many others, I would love to attend - but I have to be in SC for work Wednesday through Friday that week.  It looks like the Nationals are out too.  If the SC trip gets cancelled (and that does happen quite a bit) things will change and I'll let you know.  Thanks!
1977 Trans Am SE w/W72 engine (sold)
1999 Trans Am Anniversary Edition #953 (sold)
2000 Trans Am Firehawk #263

Offline Jonnyscotti

• Proud to be me.
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 01:51:06 PM »
I so wish that we could make it. I would love to meet everyone, especially Robert and Evan. I hope everyone that makes it has a great time!
The small things aren't worth getting
angry about, my daughter taught me that.
R.I.P. Sierra Louise May 1, 2005 - July 21, 2005

Offline Raven

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 01:57:42 PM »
Sounds like a lot of fun! Unfortunately, its about 100 miles out of the way for me and I would need to leave a day early. I'm coming down from central Wisconsin so its going to be almost 12 hours anyway to the Nationals. Maybe I can do it next year.
1978 Mayan Red Trans Am, '74 455SD, 4-speed.
1977 Trans Am SE, Y82, 400, auto.
1999 Navy Blue Metallic Trans Am, LS1, auto.
Time Flies in a Trans Am!

Offline randr

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 02:28:50 PM »
Sorry, won't be able to make it up from Florida.

Offline s.a.steel

• New Braunfels, TX
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 02:51:51 PM »
Brett, sounds like a lotta fun, but my car is in pieces, and won't be ready. Maybe next year!

Offline gads24160

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 03:02:09 PM »
Dude,
I think this is the first thing I've posted here, but sorry to say that I can't make it for one my car isn't done and for two I'm in NM guarding against the MUF (mexican united front). NEXT YEAR THOUGH!

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 04:14:21 PM »
IM GAME !!!!!!
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline soupy28

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 04:30:36 PM »
Brett,
Sounds like a hell of a great time, but like most of the others, I won't be able to join in on the fun. South Florida to Ohio is just a little too far to drive.
Soupy
Dave Szczublewski
"Soupy"
Weston, FL

What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Offline Blue78TA

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 05:09:23 PM »
:D Thanks for the invite Brett. It does sound like a great time and an awsome idea. We will be attending the Pontiac-Oakland GMC show near Omaha Nebraska that weekend. Maybe next year. Thanks again and have a good one. :wink: