Author Topic: Hitman's Trans Am Service Manual  (Read 2530 times)

Offline cma68

Hitman's Trans Am Service Manual
« on: September 16, 2013, 09:29:06 PM »
I received Hitman's service manual in the new USB format today. First off, the USP drive itself is very cool. It looks to be stainless steel with www.78TA.com laser etched on one side and the Firebird logo on the other. Very impressive. My drive is 8GB and comes with the 78 Service Manual, the 79 Supplement Service Manual, the 79 Fisher Body Manual and the Parts Catalog. A total of 553mb of data in PDF format. The PDF's have a bookmark index so jumping to your specific section is a breeze. The quality of the scans is more than suitable and all data is easily read and printing of specific sections is easy so you can have hard copies with you while you work.

If purchased alone an 8GB USB of this quality could easily cost you $15-20 dollars at your local store. Sure you can get them for less but not of this quality construction. That doesn't take into account the firebird laser etching. Include the invaluable information Hitman put on the drive and it is a bargain at twice the price. Plus you have a USB drive with 7.4GB of free space for adding your own personal data for transporting or storage.

The labor put into creating these pdf's and adding all the bookmarks for ease of navigation far exceeds its cost if you were to consider doing it yourself.

For those who use a Macintosh computer, do not fear. The USB drive and PDF documents are compatible.

In summation, Trans Am owners owe Hitman a debt of gratitude for the work he has done and to make this work available to us, and in a format that is very user friendly and in an attraction functional package. It is obviously a labor of love for Hitman.

Hitman, thank you.

Offline Fbodywarehouse

• Fbodywarehouse
Re: Hitman's Trans Am Service Manual
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 11:03:08 AM »
Very cool Brett I have one of the USB thumb drives from brett and am keeping the book I am writing on it, Cool, snazzy and SUPER high quality!
www.Fbodywarehouse.com
(423) 949 6820

New & Used Replacement Parts
9am - 5pm EST Monday - Friday

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Re: Hitman's Trans Am Service Manual
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 09:24:19 PM »
Thank you for the comments !
Brett Campbell