Linked Events

• Great Lakes Firebird Gathering: June 19, 2009 - June 21, 2009

Author Topic: Great Lakes Regional Firebird Gathering June 19-22, 2009  (Read 17295 times)

Offline transam7881

• Cruising The Mighty Maumee River
Great Lakes Regional Firebird Gathering June 19-22, 2009
« on: September 30, 2008, 04:58:22 PM »
We are in the process of updating the website & registration form. The show will be June 19-22, 2009 in Dundee, MI.  The Holiday Inn Express & Waterpark will be the host hotel. They are currently writing up contracts to block 25 rooms for the show. The will also be hosting the Friday night dinner buffet. Fees for the show will be the same as 2007 and rooms will hopefully also be the same. Please remember that along with sponsorships, early pre-registrations help us to make sure we can proceed for 2009. We very much enjoy seeing everyone and want this show to move forward & grow. June is a wonderful time in the great State of Michigan. So keep an eye to the website for updates.

www.greatlakesfirebirdgathering.com

Laurie, Mike, Paula and Doug
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 10:38:11 AM by Hitman »

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
Re: Great Lakes Regional Firebird Gathering June 19-22, 2009
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 06:49:54 PM »
Let us know when we can start registering at the hotel for reservations.  I'll wait a bit before submitting my GLRFG registration however, I think this will be my "out of state" trip.  We'll see, haven't decided yet but I do want to at least get my room reserved.
Rich

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 07:30:26 PM »
Looking at the calendar now... :-\ :-\ ;)

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 10:38:33 AM »
I will be there.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline TAvsGN

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 02:18:21 PM »
Count us in too.  What Maryland bandit is correct.  This is a really nice show.  We were hoping it would be back in 09.
78 Formula
98 Trans Am
77 Grand Prix SJ
87 Grand National

The beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

Offline pat

• Adv. Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 09:09:52 PM »
i wish i could go my girlfrinds brother is getting hitched that weekend i am sick of weddings
speed kills drive a ford and live forever

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 10:32:58 PM »
i wish i could go my girlfrinds brother is getting hitched that weekend i am sick of weddings

Tell 'em you are sick and head to Dundee instead.  I too have grown to hate weddings, especially when I'm told in not-so-subtle terms that my gift had better exceed the catering cost per plate for me and my date. :-\ :-\

Offline w72transamowner

• Tidewater Trans Am Club (www.ttac.net)
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 06:45:16 AM »

Tell 'em you are sick and head to Dundee instead.  I too have grown to hate weddings, especially when I'm told in not-so-subtle terms that my gift had better exceed the catering cost per plate for me and my date. :-\ :-\ 

Hey Rick, my cousin won one of those race packages through his bank, where you get to drive the car out on the track, and wanted me to go with him to Atlanta for it but I had long committed to this friend's wedding.  Well my cousin is not into NASCAR at all and he told me that he was going to give me the package when we got down there.  UGH!!
1978 Trans Am WS6/W72, Auto (purchased Sep 00)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/carfanatic1

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 08:40:53 AM »
I think I'd be going to that once in a lifetime "free" event in Atlanta!  Wow, that would be awesome to do.
Rich

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 10:01:35 AM »
Hey Rick, my cousin won one of those race packages through his bank, where you get to drive the car out on the track, and wanted me to go with him to Atlanta for it but I had long committed to this friend's wedding.  Well my cousin is not into NASCAR at all and he told me that he was going to give me the package when we got down there.  UGH!!

They'd definitely get the "I'm sick" routine in that case -- even if I had to hire somebody to answer the phone and make throwing-up noises all weekend. :D :D :D

Offline pat

• Adv. Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 10:09:23 AM »
i wouldnt even say i was sick i would just go and not tell anyone

They'd definitely get the "I'm sick" routine in that case -- even if I had to hire somebody to answer the phone and make throwing-up noises all weekend. :D :D :D

i live with her and i would be in big trouble if i didnt go
speed kills drive a ford and live forever

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 11:25:46 AM »
i live with her and i would be in big trouble if i didnt go

Yeah, that's what happened at the last one I got roped into -- it was a relative of my wife's, and try as I might I couldn't get out of it.  In retrospect I now think it'd have been worth it to gag myself so I'd throw up at the last minute.

Offline w72transamowner

• Tidewater Trans Am Club (www.ttac.net)
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 04:07:55 AM »

I think I'd be going to that once in a lifetime "free" event in Atlanta!  Wow, that would be awesome to do.

Yeah but when you make a commitment to a friend you've know for 20 years......just didn't feel right to say "oops, found something better to do"  ;D.  But you're right, that would have been a blast and a good weekend with my cousin.
1978 Trans Am WS6/W72, Auto (purchased Sep 00)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/carfanatic1

Offline transam7881

• Cruising The Mighty Maumee River
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 03:28:53 PM »
Paula will be updating the site & emailing the official annoucement this coming week. We just signed the contract with Holiday Inn & faxed over. Online Reg. will go live Nov 1st, 2008.

GET THEM IN EARLY!!!!!  :):):)

Offline Maryland Bandit

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 10:37:24 PM »
I'm looking forward to coming back there again next year. Bringing a few with me too.
1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am # 592
1979 Y84 S/E - sold