Author Topic: BROWN BIRDS  (Read 44502 times)

Offline TAhuntress

• ♥ 1977 W72 BrownBird ♥
Re: BROWN BIRDS
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2012, 12:43:12 AM »
i think brown is over looked because whenever you find a brown one, the paint is faded and not very appealling, but look how it looks with a nice new paint job... beautiful!!

agree, i love all shades of brown on a ta.  a guy stopped me at a gas station and asked why i did not paint it black, i told him that brown was the factory color and he did not believe me, tool.

I used to own a beige 79 Z28. You could only imagine the comments I got. "That could'nt have been factory", "Why did you paint it that color.", "Ewe". 

Damon23,
Beautifull Z-28, a friend back in High School circa 1982 had one exactly like yours same color tan interior with a 4 spd, I used to love that car cause of the rare color.
Was yours a 4spd, wonder if it's the same car.
Another rare color for 79 Z-28s  was that pale green, I have not seen one like yours or the green one in over 20 years.

Beautiful!!  I LOVE this color!!  I looked to buy a 77 Z last month that was this body color but the decals were orange and red and the interior was RED RED RED.  Talk about a unique combo.  LOVE OR HATE.  My 77 is this color...Light Buckskin with a Buckskin interior.  I adore it. 
"All good things are wild and free." - THOREAU

Offline pancho400cid

• Viva los PONCHOS!!
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2012, 03:35:24 PM »
I saw this on the restoration projects section of the forum a while back. How's it going now?

Short answer..... it isn't going at all....  project is dead in the water waiting on a break in the work routine.  I got it running pretty good and I think it will pass inspection.  That will let me register it .  I transferred the title but in TX you have to have an inspection to register it.  Then I plan to tear into to it in a serious way....   Thanks for asking.
1978 Trans Am - Brown - Current Project
1978 Trans Am - Silver - Future Uncertain

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2012, 03:41:10 PM »
That's a nice Camaro. And I don't even like them. Color looks great
Romney/Ryan 2012

-1979 Solar Gold Trans Am in Restoration-

Offline JoshRiess

« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2012, 12:36:58 AM »

JOSH

Offline Squirrel

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Dan
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2012, 12:50:13 AM »
sweet brown ride, love the horse collar seats.
1978 Chesterfield Brown TA
1977 Camaro 4 speed with t tops
1977 Mustang Cobra II

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2012, 01:51:01 AM »
i think brown is over looked because whenever you find a brown one, the paint is faded and not very appealling, but look how it looks with a nice new paint job... beautiful!!

agree, i love all shades of brown on a ta.  a guy stopped me at a gas station and asked why i did not paint it black, i told him that brown was the factory color and he did not believe me, tool.

I used to own a beige 79 Z28. You could only imagine the comments I got. "That could'nt have been factory", "Why did you paint it that color.", "Ewe". 

Damon23,
Beautifull Z-28, a friend back in High School circa 1982 had one exactly like yours same color tan interior with a 4 spd, I used to love that car cause of the rare color.
Was yours a 4spd, wonder if it's the same car.
Another rare color for 79 Z-28s  was that pale green, I have not seen one like yours or the green one in over 20 years.

Beautiful!!  I LOVE this color!!  I looked to buy a 77 Z last month that was this body color but the decals were orange and red and the interior was RED RED RED.  Talk about a unique combo.  LOVE OR HATE.  My 77 is this color...Light Buckskin with a Buckskin interior.  I adore it. 

nothing wrong w/ that ride, id own it
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline TAhuntress

• ♥ 1977 W72 BrownBird ♥
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2012, 12:06:44 PM »
OK....I don't really have this photo uploading stuff figured out here.  If I want to insert a photo HERE I would need to use an image hosting site to get a URL,  is that right?  OR alternatively, post pics as attachments?  My camera isn't taking quality pics since I ran it through the washing machine a few months ago.  New camera is on "the list".    In the meantime here is a pic of my brown bird on one of the back roads around here.   Happy weekend Brown Birds!  And all Birds.   ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:37:09 AM by TAhuntress »

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2012, 12:20:42 PM »
Your car looks great!

To post the full size pic here, go to photobucket.com, register for free, upload your photo there. There will be a box under your photo with codes listed in it. The bottom code is the image code, so click on it to copy the "img" code. Come back here and paste the image code in the message box, and post your message, and the full size pic will show up here.
Steve F.

Offline TAhuntress

• ♥ 1977 W72 BrownBird ♥
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2012, 01:56:28 PM »
Your car looks great!

To post the full size pic here, go to photobucket.com, register for free, upload your photo there. There will be a box under your photo with codes listed in it. The bottom code is the image code, so click on it to copy the "img" code. Come back here and paste the image code in the message box, and post your message, and the full size pic will show up here.

Thanks!!....for both the props and the assist with the photo upload info.   :)

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2012, 01:08:09 PM »
TA huntress. Good looking TA you have there

Offline TAhuntress

• ♥ 1977 W72 BrownBird ♥
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2012, 11:46:22 AM »
TA huntress. Good looking TA you have there

Hey, thanks!!  I'm really loving this car and am more than happy I took the leap and made the deal.   ;D

Offline Mact

« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2016, 11:06:59 PM »
Just found the 78 I owned back in 1990. Was able to buy it back for 5K. The folks I sold it to only managed to put just about 7,000 miles on it since 1990. I put those tires on it in 1989 ish. Turns out they have been trying to get in contact with me for the last few years. Sure glad to have this gem back after all these years!!!

Offline Mact

« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2016, 11:09:17 PM »
A couple more pics.

Offline Squirrel

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Dan
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2016, 12:58:41 PM »
A couple more pics.

If you want to make some money and sell it to me let me know.
1978 Chesterfield Brown TA
1977 Camaro 4 speed with t tops
1977 Mustang Cobra II

Offline nakita7

« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2016, 10:44:39 PM »
Love the brown ones!