Author Topic: Watch Live: Pontiac Trans Am's 400 Engine Break-in this Monday morning  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Angelo

• Mods and Rods
I'm just about ready to fire up my 400 for the first time! I've scheduled to stream the event live this Monday morning using Google Hangouts, which will broadcast everything from my laptop's web cam. Here's the link:

https://plus.google.com/events/cmjq5g7v51gd1a0k2qaqjnj64bg

I will post details about the motor and the car in the linked hangout over the weekend. More info about the work I've done is available on my blog, www.modsandrods.tv.
81' (78 clone), House of Kolor Jet Set Black, Pontiac 400 built by DCI Motorsports, FiTech EFI, Tremec 6 speed, 3.73 rear, YearOne 17" snowflake, Pro Touring F-body GT shocks/springs, hydroboost, factory 4 disc, Ram Air Resto + Thrust transverse exhaust.

Offline Frankenbird

Re: Watch Live: Pontiac Trans Am's 400 Engine Break-in this Monday morning
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 02:07:39 PM »
 Very cool!  I will definitely be checking it out.  Thanks for the invite and good luck!

Offline pancho400cid

• Viva los PONCHOS!!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 07:24:12 PM »
Well.... I hope to be working on my own T/A on Monday, but I will try to check it out... hope I can make the link work....  I'll have to try from home (at work now).

I'll be sending positive engine vibes your way in any event.

Looked around on your blog a little.... nicely done!
1978 Trans Am - Brown - Current Project
1978 Trans Am - Silver - Future Uncertain

Offline Angelo

• Mods and Rods
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 07:28:43 PM »
Thanks!

A friend wanted to watch and suggested the Google hangout. We'll see how it works, and he and anyone else can watch.
81' (78 clone), House of Kolor Jet Set Black, Pontiac 400 built by DCI Motorsports, FiTech EFI, Tremec 6 speed, 3.73 rear, YearOne 17" snowflake, Pro Touring F-body GT shocks/springs, hydroboost, factory 4 disc, Ram Air Resto + Thrust transverse exhaust.

Offline pancho400cid

• Viva los PONCHOS!!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 07:54:59 PM »
Hey Angelo....

How'd it go?  I checked the link this AM. Looks like you moved to youtube?  Saw some of that, but had to get to work on my own car...pressure washed the firewall and underneath.  Fun Fun Fun (not).
1978 Trans Am - Brown - Current Project
1978 Trans Am - Silver - Future Uncertain

Offline Angelo

• Mods and Rods
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 08:05:21 PM »
Almost had it. We had the distributor set wrong. Will try again tomorrow night. We had a couple issues, when priming the motor 2 lifters were not oiling. I forgot to torque down the fuel line between carb and pump. Lost a lot of fuel. Live and learn.

Offline Angelo

• Mods and Rods
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 06:42:35 PM »
Okay, we're trying again, going live in a few minutes. Link: http://youtu.be/6n8pNfP3wXk