Author Topic: which Torque converter do I need?  (Read 509 times)

Offline tonyuh60

• Fly it like you stole it!
which Torque converter do I need?
« on: May 30, 2011, 05:49:51 PM »
I've ordered my 200R4 transmission and have been looking at torque converters on summit etc...I really don't know which one I need.  engine is a 461 (eagle kit from butler)  with a comp cam xe 274 which recommends a 2200 stall...i think I have an 1800 stall in my th350 now...can't remember. If it means anything, I'm planning on doing a head swap to KRE heads latter this summer. I am unsure of all the factors that need to be considered when choosing one.  The car is not for racing. Thanks

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Re: which Torque converter do I need?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 06:16:44 PM »
id reccomend calling up one of the trans companies and asking... like tci or a company some will build one for you
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline Trevon

• That's not leaking oil, it's marking its territory
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 07:01:35 PM »
If you do call one up and find out more, please share.  The PO of my car said he wanted to get a new TC but I have no idea what I would get if I replace it.

USAF Crew Chief

Offline tonyuh60

• Fly it like you stole it!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 07:28:34 PM »
If you do call one up and find out more, please share.  The PO of my car said he wanted to get a new TC but I have no idea what I would get if I replace it.

will do. I've been on the turbobuicks forum talking to those guys...I took evan's advice and I emailed a guy that they were raving about with my specs, so waiting for him to get back with me.