Author Topic: EVAPO-RUST Video WOW cool stuff to kill rust!  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Fbodywarehouse

• Fbodywarehouse
EVAPO-RUST Video WOW cool stuff to kill rust!
« on: April 25, 2016, 08:55:34 PM »
https://youtu.be/eLHQZtx0KQk

Check this out. I just found about Evapo rust and man it is a great way to kill rust from parts!
www.Fbodywarehouse.com
(423) 949 6820

New & Used Replacement Parts
9am - 5pm EST Monday - Friday

Offline Angelo

• Mods and Rods
Re: EVAPO-RUST Video WOW cool stuff to kill rust!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 07:11:45 AM »
This is good stuff! I have been using it for years.

It is not a solvent cleaner though so my advice is to clean your parts well first then put them in the evapo-rust. You can kind of do the same with vinegar but what ever chemical combination they use it doesn't smell like vinegar or leave any stain when it's done. There is a video somewhere where someone took this stuff with a small pump and used it to continually bath part of a frame until all the rust was gone. They setup a pan below the frame to catch the water and then recycle it back to the top portion. As long as you keep evapo-rust on a part it will over a few hours remove the rust.

The creative solution I did was removing the rust from those "under" sill plates. I used a  construction cone upside down, filled it up with evapo-rust then slid the under plates in it to soak for a few hours, then flipped them to soak the other side. I maybe spent 5 minutes getting things setup, vs sand blasting or grinding away the rust possibly damaging the thin metal at the same time. Great stuff!
81' (78 clone), House of Kolor Jet Set Black, Pontiac 400 built by DCI Motorsports, FiTech EFI, Tremec 6 speed, 3.73 rear, YearOne 17" snowflake, Pro Touring F-body GT shocks/springs, hydroboost, factory 4 disc, Ram Air Resto + Thrust transverse exhaust.