Author Topic: ***SOLD*** 78 Trans Am for sale in Birmingham, AL $8,000.  (Read 4971 times)

Offline SteveM

Re: ***NEW PRICE*** 78 Trans Am for sale in Birmingham, AL $8,500.
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 03:32:58 PM »
I found out the bike that I wanted was not sold. The deal fell through. So if anyone wants a good deal on this car let me know. I've dropped the price yet again to $8500. Its worth that just to take it and flip it once the economy gets better.

I've been watching ebay and it seems that cars in similar condition are going for more than what I'm asking. I had hoped I wouldn't have to hassle with ebay but if it will get me a quick sale that's probably what I'm going to do. I've had several people that said they were interested and then never heard from them again. If I don't at least have a prospective buyer by Wednesday I'm going to go ahead and put it on ebay.

This is a quote from another board from someone who saw it in person. You can see his original post here. http://dixiemusclecars.com/forums/showpost.php?p=38527&postcount=4
Saw the car yesterday, underside looks clean from what I could see. Did not see any obvious signs of bondo or any repairs where they normally rust(Im from Iowa and rust is always there), didnt take a magnet to it but I would be 90% sure its all metal. Been repainted, fair condition, screaming chicken on hood is perfect. Interior looked pretty good, didnt see the engine. Scoop needs to be realigned a little. RT front fender needs adjusted. Its a very nice car overall and with the paper work and build sheet it is a good deal.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Offline MADBIRD

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 02:23:29 PM »
It's a nice one, I was wondering if it had ever been in a accident, maybe the front?

Offline SteveM

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 03:26:27 PM »
It's a nice one, I was wondering if it had ever been in a accident, maybe the front?

As far as I know its never been in any accidents. Before I bought it I looked underneath the car for any signs of damage and didn't see any.

If you're interested you need to let me know asap. It's going on ebay tomorrow. I've recently seen cars in about the same condition as mine go for more than what I'm asking on ebay. I would like to avoid the hassle of ebay but at this point I just want the car sold so I can move on.

If you're interested let me know.

Offline SteveM

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 10:44:17 AM »
I decided to record some videos of the car in preparation to put it on ebay. I wanted to have it on ebay last night so the auction would end on Sunday but I wasn't able to get the videos ready in time. I'll probably wait until Thursday and do a 10 day auction so it will get two weekend of visibility and end on Sunday. There's also a big cruise-in Saturday so maybe I'll get lucky there. I took it to a cruise-in this past Saturday and it got lots of looks and lots of people said they wanted it but didn't have the money right now. It was a small show so maybe at the bigger one I'll find someone that actually has some money.

Here are the videos if anyone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUgomXNzB6Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDFKOj1sm3w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlgzqr7xX2E

Offline SteveM

Re: ***REDUCED PRICE*** 78 Trans Am for sale in Birmingham, AL $8,000.
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 10:31:54 AM »
I've dropped the price. I'm in a real hurry to sell this thing so I can get the bike I want otherwise there's no way I would let it go for so low. I'll accept $8,000 if its purchased by this weekend. I'm putting it on eBay Thursday but I'll end the auction early if someone wants it by this weekend.

Offline SteveM

Re: ***SOLD*** 78 Trans Am for sale in Birmingham, AL $8,000.
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 09:26:28 PM »
SOLD